Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just joined tonight. I live in Charleston, SC and I am lucky enough to have my baby girl, Gidget who is 2 1/2 now. I am searching for the perfect companion/playmate for her. Although it is going to be difficult not to purchase a puppy, it may be better for me to get one a few months older since I am working. I also dont have a fortune to fork out. Any ideas? B)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello! I too am new to SM and the Maltese world in general. I adopted my boy through petfinder.com. This was the best thing for me and Bentley. He is between 1.5 to 2 years old, potty trained, and just as sweet as can be. Whenever people ask me about him I tell them to go to petfinder. Hope this helps in some way.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Hello everyone, I just joined tonight. I live in Charleston, SC and I am lucky enough to have my baby girl, Gidget who is 2 1/2 now. I am searching for the perfect companion/playmate for her. Although it is going to be difficult not to purchase a puppy, it may be better for me to get one a few months older since I am working. I also dont have a fortune to fork out. Any ideas? B)
Yes! look into www.petfinder.com in your area - there are many in need of a home, or look at Northcentral Maltese Rescue's site for their adoptable Fluffs ready for their furever home.

Good luck in your search! :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Welcome to SM ,I hope you'll find a fluffy companion for your Gidget. Definatetly check out Petfinder for sure. So many need homes and it's a good deed too.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Petfinder is a wonderful resource for rescue pups.

If you might consider a retiree you may also look into breeders in your area. Jocra Maltese (Jocra stands for Joe and Craig) is right there in Charleston. Out in Columbia are Judith Gieger of Premiere Maltese and Loretta Gitto of Tiffanee Maltese.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Hi and WELCOME to SM!! I have several good friends in Charleston and I love it there to!! Good luck on your search for the perfect fluff!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Petfinder is a wonderful resource for rescue pups.

If you might consider a retiree you may also look into breeders in your area. Jocra Maltese (Jocra stands for Joe and Craig) is right there in Charleston. Out in Columbia are Judith Gieger of Premiere Maltese and Loretta Gitto of Tiffanee Maltese.

LarMor Maltese is another breeder in SC. I believe she's near Hilton Head.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
HELLO! So glad you came here for help. The ladies here are wonderful and so helpful. Hope you find a perfect little playmate for Gidget.

:Welcome 3:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 4: Welcome to you and Gidget. We'd love to see pictures of her. Hope you find a fun sister or brother. There are some amazing rescues coming available because of the economy. Good luck and hope you get a lot of info here on everything Maltese.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh My Gosh, I cant believe what nice responses you ladies posted to me.. Gosh! did I learn a lesson. I posted that and didnt check back until today, thinking nobody is going to even read it... and WOW... how wonderful of everyone to offer help... THANKS so very much and I will never ever wait days to check back after I post something! Thanks for being so warm and welcoming to me and and to Gidget. Special thanks to Tanner's mom who encouraged me to join!:ThankYou:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
:Welcome 4::Welcome 4::Welcome 4:

So glad you are here :) So much wonderful information and very loving people :)

Best wishes in finding that special little fur-baby :wub:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh My Gosh, I cant believe what nice responses you ladies posted to me.. Gosh! did I learn a lesson. I posted that and didnt check back until today, thinking nobody is going to even read it... and WOW... how wonderful of everyone to offer help... THANKS so very much and I will never ever wait days to check back after I post something! Thanks for being so warm and welcoming to me and and to Gidget. Special thanks to Tanner's mom who encouraged me to join!:ThankYou:
Any luck on finding your new girl? I'm also looking but looking for our next male. These ladies have been AMAZING!!! I just wanted to also send my thanks to everyone! I have heard back from all of the breeders that you have recommended. I feel comfortable we have met the "mom" of our next malti baby! Now, just can't wait to meet our baby!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts