Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a good Maltese board or just a good dog message to get factual information from. Its really hard finding a place that is honest, uncensored, and with people that know how to act.

My wife and I are waiting for our puppy. He/she is coming in Mid-march.
We are waiting for it to turn 12-weeks.

We have a medium size dog that we've had for 4yrs since he was a pup and cat that we have had since he was a kitten. So we've taken care of babies before.

Any tips for a Maltese pup?

Bella's Mummy... I've seen you on Maltese only so Hi!!!
Your puppy is cute. How is the heart murmur?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hiya

Nice to see you again. Ive seen your around maltese only too

Congratulations on your new puppy! - Bet your getting excited now.
Are you plannng a boy or a girl?

Wonder how your new baby will take to the cat. Bellas my only baby but there are some ''family pets'' 2 jack russles and 2 cats. Bella and the other dogs get on great. Bella also loves the cats
..... but they hate her lol - They are always trying to bully her! - Everyone says its bella trying to bully the cats, but i dont believe it for a second. She's is just showing how much she loves them when she runs up to them and sits on their head and pulls at their tails. :D ...a sign of true affection :D :lol:

Good idea on waiting until he/she is 12 weeks. I got Bella when she was around 9 or 10 i think, but i do think it was alittle too soon. I dont think she really learnt all the ''doggy things'' she needed to know. <_<

Maltese are not that popular here so was really hard for me to find any info on them and their care. A great book i got is by Bobbie Linden called ''an owners guide to anhappy healthy maltese'' Its the only book i had and found it really helpful. She also has a web site http://www.bhejei.com/new_page_1.htm which is good... infact i think most of the info from the book is on it

Another book which my friend got me at the weekend is a new owners guide to maltese by vicki abbott... ive not read it all yet but it look good too

Thanks for the kind words about Bella :D Her heart seems to be doing really well.... like the vet said ''its great for a bad one'' :lol:
Im waiting for her to go into heat soon so keeping a close eye on her, the vet wont spay her because of the murmur and i have read and heard many bad stories about the injections. I have a post about them on maltese only too.

Let us know when you get your new maltese baby, seriously after having a maltese you will never want another breed of dog! :D

Best wishes

Bellas Mummy & Bella
www.perfectmaltese.co.uk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are excited and we are not sure about a male or female yet. I'm thinking a male though. We have a deposit on one from the liter but we want to go and pick it out. Maybe this weekend...

I think the pup should be fine with the cat and dog because the breeder has other pets as well. She is Susan Bates from Mystique Maltese. Have you ever heard of her? She's online and she has been very nice so far.

Malteseonly is a good site but I don't care for the board. I've tried posting 4 different times about being new or just asking for info a new puppy and they have censored it. I'm not supporting any site that censors peoples opinions. Its not like I was accusing any one or posting offending things. A little too strict for me to waste my time asking a question and waiting a 1/2 hour to see if its approved.

How is this site? Is it active daily?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome, its not that active yet but its picking up, i've noticed more and more members recently, the only thing that will be censored around here are bad words :D good luck with the new pup, let us know when you get him/her

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone...i'm also a new mommy. My baby is 16 weeks old and he's awesome. He has a house play mate Gizmo which is a pug and he's a year old. He's a little maniac and he's such a character. He recently got his first 3 shots and got groomed for the first time today. omg they used a 4 on him...he's so naked hahahhahah but it's soo soft and so healthy now. i got him with matted hair underneath so by recommendation..we cut it all off to start new. I loved his long fluff..but now he's gonna start nice and new :D He's one spoiled boy. I hope this board will be of good use for just talks and information. talk to you all soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts