Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
It is a personal choice. Some people keep their puppies in a crate by their bed and then let them in the bed after they are potty trained, some put them in the bed right away, and some keep them in a crate at night through adulthood. if your puppy is really tiny, I feel that the crate is the safest option at first. I adopted my Maltese when she was an adult (and a sturdy seven pounder at that), and she slept on the pillow next to mine every night she was with me.

Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
She is so cute. She is a bit small and young, a bed might not be safe yet. But yes many of us have our malts sleep in our beds.

Reactions: rodmcynthia

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Welcome Cynthia & Sophie!
I agree w/others---personal choice! Our two sleep w/us, but will also sleep in their baby bed. When they were small we had them in a pack & play. Lisi was hard to train but Kitzi is very compliant by nature! We lived in Greece & were always afraid the neighbors would call the police as Lisi made such a fuss, but we lived through it. She is now 9 & "settled." She never liked being confined (she was 5 months when we got her) but now she loves her stroller walks. I think, as w/children, we have to take the personality & history of the pup into consideration when making decisions concerning them. Be very careful as your situation may change & pups are not so inclined. That being said, our bed would be very empty w/out Lisi & Kitzi.

Reactions: rodmcynthia

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Welcome to SM Cynthia & Sophie. Sophie is adorable!
I'm sure Sophie will fill your life & heart with so much love & companionship - Maltese have a special way of doing that!
This website is pretty easy to navigate around in (make sure to take advantage of the "search" feature). If you have any questions please feel free to ask - here you will find advise on pretty much everything you could ever want to know about these gorgeous little fluffs known as Maltese!
馃惗 馃惥馃尫

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
I wanna start of with , do we let our Maltese sleep with us on our beds ?
I decided not to let Abella sleep with me until she was 1 year old. Before that I would place her in her crate right beside my bed. Many nights I would fall asleep singing & talking to her and just listening to her breath....... I counted the days to when she could join me in bed. Now she is my best snuggle partner and sleeps right next to my pillow. And yes, some nights I still sing and talk to her during the night.
馃惗 馃惥馃尫

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is so cute. She is a bit small and young, a bed might not be safe yet. But yes many of us have our malts sleep in our beds.
Welcome Cynthia & Sophie!
I agree w/others---personal choice! Our two sleep w/us, but will also sleep in their baby bed. When they were small we had them in a pack & play. Lisi was hard to train but Kitzi is very compliant by nature! We lived in Greece & were always afraid the neighbors would call the police as Lisi made such a fuss, but we lived through it. She is now 9 & "settled." She never liked being confined (she was 5 months when we got her) but now she loves her stroller walks. I think, as w/children, we have to take the personality & history of the pup into consideration when making decisions concerning them. Be very careful as your situation may change & pups are not so inclined. That being said, our bed would be very empty w/out Lisi & Kitzi.
Thanks for sharing! I found this helpful Sophie doesn鈥檛 like being told what to do so maybe through time she鈥檚 settle as well!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to SM Cynthia & Sophie. Sophie is adorable!
I'm sure Sophie will fill your life & heart with so much love & companionship - Maltese have a special way of doing that!
This website is pretty easy to navigate around in (make sure to take advantage of the "search" feature). If you have any questions please feel free to ask - here you will find advise on pretty much everything you could ever want to know about these gorgeous little fluffs known as Maltese!
馃惗 馃惥馃尫
Thanks you! <3

Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING 鉂わ笍鉂わ笍鉂わ笍
Such a sweet face! Congrats on your new baby girl 馃拹 She is absolutely precious 馃挄

1 - 12 of 12 Posts