Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Cubbie 2005-2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High everyone,

My name is Bridget and I have come to this site to have people that understand the love I have for Maltese. I have been searching for a breeder to get two Maltese puppies, a boy and girl, after losing my little Maltese last year; however, websites are not up to date and most posts are several years old. I found a breeder at Storybook Maltese named Barbara Shewmake. She posts a lot of videos of her puppies growing up. I hope there is someone on this site that knows of her or has gotten one of her puppies and can tell me about their experience. I lost my precious Maltese, Cubbie, on November 20, 2019, he was 6 weeks shy of being 15 years old. He brought so much joy into my life. There was never a day that he did not bring warmth to my heart and a smile to my face. The days following Cubbie’s death were awful. There was no happy little boy to greet me when I woke up. There was no little Maltese beside me. He was a part of me. He was able to live a long and good life and I was blessed to be apart of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
High everyone,

My name is Bridget and I have come to this site to have people that understand the love I have for Maltese. I have been searching for a breeder to get two Maltese puppies, a boy and girl, after losing my little Maltese last year; however, websites are not up to date and most posts are several years old. I found a breeder at Storybook Maltese named Barbara Shewmake. She posts a lot of videos of her puppies growing up. I hope there is someone on this site that knows of her or has gotten one of her puppies and can tell me about their experience. I lost my precious Maltese, Cubbie, on November 20, 2019, he was 6 weeks shy of being 15 years old. He brought so much joy into my life. There was never a day that he did not bring warmth to my heart and a smile to my face. The days following Cubbie’s death were awful. There was no happy little boy to greet me when I woke up. There was no little Maltese beside me. He was a part of me. He was able to live a long and good life and I was blessed to be apart of it.
Hi - so sorry about your Cubbie. We lost our Maltese in April and then our Papillon 3 weeks ago, it is so silent here now. I have contacted several breeders earlier this week, but only one responded. I don’t know anything about Storybook maltese - have you tried googling them to see if any reviews or complaints come up? Good luck with your search. I’m starting to think we will be in for a long wait for a puppy. ☹

·
Premium Member
Cubbie 2005-2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paula,
Thank you for your kind words. my heart goes out to you on the loss of your babies. The loss is such a heavy emptiness. I had a brown and white Papillon before I got Cubbie.I have enjoyed watching Barbara’s videos from Storybook Maltese. She does so much with her puppies and they are beautiful. She raises them in her home and literally starts sharing weekly videos from ultrasounds until they are ready to go home. I decided to go with her and waiting for a male and female. I am getting pet Malteses. Her videos are on Youtube.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Paula,
Thank you for your kind words. my heart goes out to you on the loss of your babies. The loss is such a heavy emptiness. I had a brown and white Papillon before I got Cubbie.I have enjoyed watching Barbara’s videos from Storybook Maltese. She does so much with her puppies and they are beautiful. She raises them in her home and literally starts sharing weekly videos from ultrasounds until they are ready to go home. I decided to go with her and waiting for a male and female. I am getting pet Malteses. Her videos are on Youtube.
Thank you. It is just heartbreaking. I’ll check her out And see what her program is like. We heard from Regis Prado Maltese in Manhattan. Nothing until next spring/summer so we are on a waiting list. I asked them about pricing - hope to hear soon. We were hoping for a pup earlier than next spring - this pandemic is making me have cabin fever!

·
Premium Member
Cubbie 2005-2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean about wanting a puppy. There is such a big void in my heart. I have loving people all around me but the hole in my heart can only be replaced by a Maltese. November 20 will be the one year anniversary of losing Cubbie and I was hoping to have my two Maltese by now, or at least know they were born and I was counting down the days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know what you mean about wanting a puppy. There is such a big void in my heart. I have loving people all around me but the hole in my heart can only be replaced by a Maltese. November 20 will be the one year anniversary of losing Cubbie and I was hoping to have my two Maltese by now, or at least know they were born and I was counting down the days.
I know It’s hard to wait but it is worth it to get a good healthy pup. Before you know it your babies will be here - something happy to look forward to! Ugh, just got a reply from a breeder and the cost is too high for us, not to mention a long wait list. I am starting to worry that we won’t find a pup that is as sweet as Kip, but I’m sure it’s just that the losses are so recent. Found a breeder not too far from us that I am researching. If she sounds good, I’ll contact her. At least we can go to see them to be sure they are healthy, quality pups. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
Cubbie 2005-2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paula,
I hope you are able to find a good breeder. keep me updated. I did noticed that prices have went up since I got Cubbie. Kip looks so cute. It is hard to even imagine having one as perfect as the babies we lost. When I lost Cubbie, the pain was so much that I never thought I would get another Maltese. After several months, I realized that the joy and happiness he gave me everyday was well worth the pain of letting him go. If we get puppies that are half as good as Cubbie and Kip it will be perfect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sent an email to another breeder but there was an error with the server. I’m going to call tomorrow. 🤞🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts