Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I recently adopted a Maltese 12 week old puppy from a breeder in Connecticut. Her name is Mia and she is now 4 months old. Prior to adopting Mia, I had a Maltese for a little over 15 years but last year I had to make that difficult decision that most people dread when she became too weak and frail to go on (she will always be in my heart). Since it’s been many years, I guess I don’t remember “the puppy stage” as well as I thought I did as Mia is very active and never seems to run out of energy or kisses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,071 Posts
Hi to Mama & Mia! Welcome to SM---Mia is sooooo cute! She looks like so much fun! I LOVE the puppy stage! I hope you stay & we can get to be friends w/her. I have puppy fever but my 2 will be our last. I want to enjoy everyone elses' pups.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi to Mama & Mia! Welcome to SM---Mia is sooooo cute! She looks like so much fun! I LOVE the puppy stage! I hope you stay & we can get to be friends w/her. I have puppy fever but my 2 will be our last. I want to enjoy everyone elses' pups.
Thank you for your "welcome". This appears to be a good place to have discussions and learn things.

·
Registered
Chloe and Lou
29 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I recently adopted a Maltese 12 week old puppy from a breeder in Connecticut. Her name is Mia and she is now 4 months old. Prior to adopting Mia, I had a Maltese for a little over 15 years but last year I had to make that difficult decision that most people dread when she became too weak and frail to go on (she will always be in my heart). Since it’s been many years, I guess I don’t remember “the puppy stage” as well as I thought I did as Mia is very active and never seems to run out of energy or kisses.
Mia is beautiful 🐾

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,988 Posts
Welcome to SM 💐 Mia is beautiful 💕 Did you get her from Melitica Maltese in Connecticut?

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Thank you for your "welcome". Yes, I did get her from Melitica Maltese. Your Maltese are beautiful! Did you also get them from Melitica Maltese?.
I just knew that she was the only reputable breeder in Connecticut and her dogs are always so beautiful. Theres only a handful of breeders in the area, so you made a great choice. Congratulations again 💐
Regarding my 3 girls, I did not get my dogs from her. My oldest is from a terrible BYB in Beverly Mass, and my other two girls are from Sunnydales in Korea. I would definitely consider Dina’s dogs going forward though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome! Mia is adorable. My Baci is also from Melitica!
Baci is so beautiful! How old? I felt so lucky to adopt from Dina as she truly loves her babies. Question: Mia just turned 5 months old and is teething. Did Baci develop some tear stains? Just wondering if this will go away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just knew that she was the only reputable breeder in Connecticut and her dogs are always so beautiful. Theres only a handful of breeders in the area, so you made a great choice. Congratulations again 💐
Regarding my 3 girls, I did not get my dogs from her. My oldest is from a terrible BYB in Beverly Mass, and my other two girls are from Sunnydales in Korea. I would definitely consider Dina’s dogs going forward though.
Thanks so much. I did some research and then wrote to her to see if about her future litters. I was thrilled that she called me; I live in NJ so Connecticut was not a far drive. Wow, you have 3, that is great..... No matter where they come from, they capture our hearts right away. :)

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Thanks so much. I did some research and then wrote to her to see if about her future litters. I was thrilled that she called me; I live in NJ so Connecticut was not a far drive. Wow, you have 3, that is great..... No matter where they come from, they capture our hearts right away. :)
Thats how I fell into finding Suki (bottom step of sig. pix) I emailed about litters and the breeder just put her up on the website that morning. She was held back for show but ended up not making the cut, so lucky for me got her and lucky for you Melitica had a fluff!
I have referred her many times and everyone has had good luck with availability.
And yes,” capture the hearts“ is an understatement, which is why I have 3, lol.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hi! Did she call you right away?
I am so confused here. I messaged her, then emailed thinking maybe she doesn’t check Facebook messages. Nothing. Days later I called. Someone said she was at the dog show. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Even tho the dog show was on the weekend and I called Monday end of the day. That’s fine. I waited because the woman said she would call me. She didn’t. I called again and she said Dina isat the dog show. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I’m still waiting and she hasn’t called or answered my email. 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I honestly don’t know what to think.
her website says she has some pups that will be available in June.
and she seems to be updating that because some other puppies have been crossed out in and not available anymore in the past 2 weeks since I started checking.
I decided to come here and ask cause maybe that’s normals?!?
Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi! Did she call you right away?
I am so confused here. I messaged her, then emailed thinking maybe she doesn’t check Facebook messages. Nothing. Days later I called. Someone said she was at the dog show. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Even tho the dog show was on the weekend and I called Monday end of the day. That’s fine. I waited because the woman said she would call me. She didn’t. I called again and she said Dina isat the dog show. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I’m still waiting and she hasn’t called or answered my email. 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I honestly don’t know what to think.
her website says she has some pups that will be available in June.
and she seems to be updating that because some other puppies have been crossed out in and not available anymore in the past 2 weeks since I started checking.
I decided to come here and ask cause maybe that’s normals?!?
Thanks.
She called me within a few days after I sent her an email. She asked me questions and asked to send her pictures of my house, grounds, etc. Mia was from a future litter and I was able to adopt her when she was 12 weeks old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts