Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife went to New York City for the first time at the beggining of this month, what an experience, we loved it, and coming from a country boy like me that means something, we are already planning our next trip back to take our son so he can see it, I have to give kudos to the Waldorf Astoria, we slept in the most comfortable bed with the most comfortable pillows you can image using, we made it to everywhere we wanted to go except Central Park and the Met, 4 days just isnt enough time to see everything there is to see, I took about 400 pictures with the digital and film camera combined, here is just a sample of where we went and what we did, dial up users beware, I will probably put them all in a online album at some point...

this is our hotel, the Waldorf Astoria...

views from atop the empire state building...

inside Grand Central Station, what a place, I enjoyed the subway as much as anything, you can go just about anywhere and never have to drive in traffic...

some idea of just how tall the buildings are...

the trump tower...

DAVE!!!...

we also walked over Brooklyn Bridge...

and went to times square twice, once during the day and once at night, great food and shopping there...

and Radio City Music Hall...

and last but not least the World Trade Center site, very moving, an almost unreal spiritual visit, its hard to even describe the feelings you walk away from there with...

reduced to a hole in the ground...

all i can say about NYC if you ever have the chance, GO!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great pictures Joe! I don't live too far from New York, Maryland. But I've never made it up there to visit. I actually drove through, but didn't stop, when I bought my 71 Camaro in Connecticut.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I really enjoyed the pictures! It is a great city! Did you leave your 4 legged friends at home?

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I must say your pictures captured the spirit and excitement of NYC like no travel brochures ever have! I can see why you are so enthusiastic to return. It sure looks different from my last trip there in the late 60's!

Thanks for the travelogue.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What great pictures!! What a photographer you are!!! Those are magazine/travel brochure perfect.

My husband wants to go to New York some day. Probably somewhere we will go post children...after they move out...about 15 years from now...LOL!

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to visit the WTC site. I know someday I want to go and visit the OKC bombing site. My family is just a few hours from there. But I am just so emotional. I cry just thinking about both incidents. I would be a mess there in person!

Anyway, I strayed off topic. Thanks again for sharing the beautiful pictures. You really make me want to go!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Absolutly WONDERFUL pics Joe!
Obviously you weren't the guy the FBI :ph34r: took the camera from who was taking pictures of TALL buildings in the US...LOL
Although I did notice in one of the pictures, you were getting 'sly' <_< look from some guy right in front of you!
When I saw the World Trade Center site and the comment you made about the site, tears came to my eyes.
I cannot look at that area without my heart breaking for all the lost lives in 911.
To see the way they are working on the site gives one a feeling of awe and you feel like having a 'silent moment of prayer'.
Thank you for the pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts