Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i'm new here on the boards i'm sooooooooooo excited and happy to have found this forum. you guys are just awesome with the information and omg! the furbabies are just to die for. i've wanted a puppy for so long and i've decided that now is the time. i'm doing my research, and getting things ready in hopes of welcoming a baby home anytime after june.
i live in northern california and would prefer to adopt from a reputable breeder in california but wont mind getting one from outta town. i've fallen in love with the puppies from bonnie palmer's angels, ta-jon, macris and crisman i also like chalet de maltese but dunno how to get in contact with them since their website is non existent. please i need all the advice i can get because i've never owned a puppy let alone a maltese. i'm a bit conflicted b/w boy or girl because i'd like to dress my baby up. i'll greatly appreciate suggestions. thanks guys...xxx

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Hi and welcome!!

Where in northern california do you live? I'm showing in Hollister this weekend - there were will be several maltese show breeders there.

hope you can find your perfect baby!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the warm welcome stacy. i love in Napa. hollister is about two hours from me. i've never gone to a show that sounds exciting i'd love more info. i cant wait to find my perfect baby...xxx

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
thanks for the warm welcome stacy. i love in Napa. hollister is about two hours from me. i've never gone to a show that sounds exciting i'd love more info. i cant wait to find my perfect baby...xxx
oh there are a lot of shows in Vallejo, close to you. Woofstock is coming up in early june - let me know if you want the info for it

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your research for the perfect pup. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh wow! thats great i had no idea stacy, ill definitely like more info for the show in june.
thanx guys for the nice welcome...xxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
welcome welcome =) I just joined recently too. Everybody is very nice here and full of helpful information! I also live in norther california. I go to Davis so i am not too far from you. Have fun finding a new baby..that is always the exciting part

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome welcome =) I just joined recently too. Everybody is very nice here and full of helpful information! I also live in norther california. I go to Davis so i am not too far from you. Have fun finding a new baby..that is always the exciting part
thanx rachel and welcome to you as well. davis is close by thats good. i'm having fun looking for my baby, i learn something new everyday. starting out i knew i wanted a maltese but then only yesterday i figured out the signature looks of different breeders. i like the babydoll face. so i'm just taking my time and trying to learn fast because i want to adopt by july latest. i can hardly wait :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Welcome Mandy ! Try to go to the shows. Get to talk to the ownerw/handlers/breeders...look at great quality dogs. In the mean time shop for your puppy stuff. The shows have many vendors and lots of the top grooming products..... including combs. brushes, shampoos, conditioners, etc plus crates and beds and harnesses, clothes and BLING!

You should also consider a young rescue.read thru our rescue section and find out what pups are available. They have very reasonably priced Maltese in California rescues.

You will have a fun time. Stacy will let you know when the shows are ! Bring a lawn chair to the outdoor shows and sit with the Maltese lovers ringside. Its a fun time and usually free or a nominal parking fee or entry fee. In FL where I live its one or the other but very inexpensive and a great day out ( if you love dogs)

And read read read this site. Be prepared to have a bunch of "stuff" for your new fluffybaby so it has a safe and comfy transition. Learn all you can about good foods and potty training too.......

And most of all WELCOME TO SM !

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Welcome to SM! Lots of great resources and friendly people here :D enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
hello everyone. i'm new here on the boards i'm sooooooooooo excited and happy to have found this forum. you guys are just awesome with the information and omg! the furbabies are just to die for. i've wanted a puppy for so long and i've decided that now is the time. i'm doing my research, and getting things ready in hopes of welcoming a baby home anytime after june.
i live in northern california and would prefer to adopt from a reputable breeder in california but wont mind getting one from outta town. i've fallen in love with the puppies from bonnie palmer's angels, ta-jon, macris and crisman i also like chalet de maltese but dunno how to get in contact with them since their website is non existent. please i need all the advice i can get because i've never owned a puppy let alone a maltese. i'm a bit conflicted b/w boy or girl because i'd like to dress my baby up. i'll greatly appreciate suggestions. thanks guys...xxx
:chili: WELCOME TO SM!! :chili:

Good luck in your search!! Chalet has retired and is not breeding any longer.
Go to the show and meet the breeders there. Pat Keene is a great breeder. You have several wonderful breeders in California.
USA BREEDER'S

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Hi and welcome!! I'm from the Monterey Bay Area :)

Have fun with your search and hope to see you at some shows!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awwwwww! thanx guys you are such darlings. i love it here i feel right at home. the search is going really well. too mad chalet retired her dogs are just so adorable. i spoke with tammy from tajon and bonnie palmer today. tammy will have puppies ready in 6 weeks and thats around the time i'm looking to adopt and bonnie has one right now and will send pics but i'm not sure that i'm ready for one right now i need a little time. but we'll see. i look hope to see the norcal peeps at shows. all your dogs here are just so beautiful i cant look at them all day long, i cant wait to get my hands on my own furbaby..xxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Welcome to SM! I'm on the puppy hunt too! I'm aiming for January! I hope you find your perfect baby and all the information you'll ever need! :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts