Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Mary and been on the forum since January just soaking up all the knowledge that everyone provides. I want to say thank you all for the wealth of information it has helped me and my babies immensely. The last couple of months I have been laughing and crying with you all. This one will be long so I can explain how my family evolved. First I was in the Navy for 20 years and moved a lot. When I was stationed in Guam we adopted a Cocker Mix named Scrappy Doo. Felt so bad for her, she was chained to a dog house with one of those chains with links about 1/2 inch thick and all muddy. When we moved to Virginia I thought a sister or brother would be nice and in comes Reginald Dewayne a black Cocker Spaniel (byb didn't know att). So after many wonderful years Scrappy got to the age 16 and I had to put her down. Needless to say life was not to the same, something was missing. I set out one day and told the DH "I don't know what I'll come back with but I got to go." All I knew is I didn't want a dog that shed. Not knowing about puppy mills I went to a Puppy Store. Into our life’s comes Alvin James a black mult-poo. Not only is he black like my Scrappy but has the same markings, even weirder is his ear flips back just like hers. I swear I think she in there, yeah I can be a little crazy. After about 2 week my DH picks the little guy up and says "Your the best thing she has every bought." This little guy stole everyone’s heart except Reginald. Everyone in the neighbor loves this little guy; they don't say Hi to Charles and Mary. All you hear is Hi Alvin. He is a true ALVIN just like the chipmunk. After sometime Reginald grew to tolerate him but also lost his hearing and eyesight in the meantime. Coming up on Alvin's 2nd birthday I knew I had to get him a playmate. I said to myself what is it about him I like. I grew up with poodles and knew it was not the poodle. Must be the Maltese!! I tell DH we're going to get a new member. His response was "no we are not":thumbsup:. So ignoring what he has to say (oops). Into our life comes Chloe Louise (byb still naive). My precious gorgeous little girl who loves Alvin, honestly I think there in love. She also loves Reginald she goes up to him and kisses his eyes and gives out sweet little barks. So now my 16 year Reginald can rest while the other two play. Every night when I go to bed I think I can't wait to wakeup to Chloe's sweet soft kisses saying good morning Mother and the little guy above my head stretching saying do we have to get up:wub:. Since I joined this forum I have learned so much about the Maltese breed, byb, and puppy mills. When I see the poor little ones that are up for adoption it makes me ill. I said what can I do? I now volunteer at the local SPCA and I truly enjoy taking care of all the dogs and praying one day they go to a wonderful home. So thanks everyone!!!!! I tried to upload pictures but
receive a security token error. Can anyone help me with that?:blush:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Hello and welcome to SM .. It is very nice to have you here :D

I can't wait to meet your fluffs. awwh so sweet to read about Alvin and Chloe Louise . Snowy and Crystal (my two maltese) are the same towards each other - so in love, and it is just so sweet to watch them together ^_^

For photo posting, you need a photobucket account or any other photo hosting site (photobucket.com is what I use), upload your pictures there, then copy picture link here (after clicking on insert picture icon). Wait, let me find one good thread to show you (in pictures) how to do it.

I can not wait to see your babies.

oh and thank you for volunteering to help out the precious fluffs ;)

Kat

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Here is one of the most recent Inserting Image threads. And here is another thread.

I am trying to find the *picture* explaination that was posted by Crystal once afte the software conversion to how to post pictures. That was a good one too. I will post it here once I succeed in finding it.

Kat

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Hi and welcome to SM!! Can't wait to see pics of your babies!!!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Hi and welcome!! It’s great to hear that you’re from Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to visit there and hope to do so one day. It must be beautiful and peaceful. Looking forward to seeing pics. If you don’t want to go through photobucket and don’t need to provide captioning for each photo, when you start a new thread you have the option to attach pics to your thread. Just scroll alllll the way down and you’ll see “Attach Files” and click “Manage Attachments.” You should be able to attach pics from your computer there. Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
welcome and thank u for sharing ur story ! cant wait to meet all ur babies!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Hi Mary, Welcome!!! Glad you're joining us and posting....and I look forward to seeing your pictures :thumbsup:

I just love to watch these little ones running and playing and having a grand old time!!!

I, too, have become known in my neighborhood from walking my dog(s). I used to have just one (a bichon) and walked her every day. Since then several people on my block have gotten dogs because they saw the joy and fun we had together....not to mention the excercise of walking every day. Lacy passed away at 15 years old, but my heart is filled with happiness again....(actually over filled) with four fluffs!!! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
:Welcome 3:
Wish you a nice time here! Your babies look very cute!
Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Aww...... we love a good story here and that one made my day. Welcome to all of you.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Welcome to SM. It is a great place to be and learn about Maltese. Your babies are really cute.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:Welcome 1:

Your babies are so adorable :wub: I look forward to hearing more about them!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Hiya Mary!!

So glad you posted!!! Welcome!!!:chili:

I love LOVE all those pictures! Oh my goodness, the one of Chloe and I think Alvin (red background) really has 'awwww' factor. :wub: You have a very beautiful fur family.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Welcome. You have a nice big family. Every since Lilly came to our home I have secretly wanted another little one but I have a feeling that even though DH has come to love her I would have to find another place to live. :)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Mary - Welcome!! So happy you've joined us at SM. What fabulous pictures. I love Chloe in the beret :wub::wub: and is that Alvin and Chloe together in one picture? :heart::heart: I'm so envious of you living in Hawaii. It's someplace I've always wanted to go.:) Hope you'll share lots of stories of your sweet fluffs.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for your wonderful words, I already feel part of your family.
Yes, Hawaii is very nice, can't beat the weather. Of course it's very limited here and if you want something shipped :w00t: your paying for it most of the time. That's what happens when you live in paradise, you pay for it.

Mary

1 - 20 of 27 Posts