Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in an earlier post today, my daughter had to undergo a mammogram and ultra sound because her doctor had detected a reasonably large mass in her breast.
I have been very worried about her since she called and told us this news last Wednesday evening.
I am sure you can all imagine what was going through my mind and how concerned I have been for the past 4 days. We were prepared to move back to Adelaide, South Australia just to be there with her and our little grandson to help her in any way we could.
Well this evening she called and gave me the reassuring news that the lump is in fact a swollen infected gland and nothing to worry about, it should subside and disappear with antibiotic treatment. She does have to repeat the mammogram further down the track to make sure all is well.
I cannot tell you how relieved we are to hear that news, and I know my daughter must have been going through heck herself wondering how she was going to cope if it had been otherwise.
I guess there is power in prayer because I have been praying a lot this past week.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am so glad your daughter is ok. With those things you never know. I don't have to imagine what you went through this week. I know too well. I went through this last year in January. I had an emergency surgery and they removed 3 big cysts from my ovaries. Somebody was watching over me because thank goodness they were benign.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
What a relief, i am so happy for you and your daughter.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, you are all so very kind

K/C I mentioned it in that thread about the mammagram gone wrong, we all got side tracked about mammograms and that is when I mentioned my daughter. We were all sort of discussing how we should have them regularly, and me being the chicken hearted one due to a bad experience, I haven't had one since, and I know I should.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I am very relieved for all of you. I'm sorry that you've had a week of worrying. The waiting is horrible!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Whew...glad all is well...

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again everyone, I am very releived indeed, cancer wasn't prevelent in our family till I lost my brother at age 51 so yes indeed I was very worried indeed.
Thank you all for your thoughts and caring replies

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Great news about your daughter! Now go get your neighbor and get your mammogram!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am so glad to hear your daughter is ok! The worst part is the waiting, so what a relief! I went through all of this two weeks ago for something similar, and also an MRI. All is well, but I'll tell you, this is not my first mamo, but this time I almost ended up on the floor twice, from fainting!
They arent fun but we gotta do what we gotta do
So glad to hear that she is OK

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Wow what a big relief for you and your family.Waiting for results on something is pure torture.Im so happy that all ended up well!! Im a firm believer that prayer is powerfull!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh, wow! That's wonderful news. I can't imagine how stressful the last few days have been for you and your daughter and your family. I'm glad everything worked well.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by paris@Oct 25 2005, 10:28 AM
Great news about your daughter!  Now go get your neighbor and get your mammogram! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113254
[/QUOTE]

Well Paris, I went and spoke to my friend across the road and she has already had her mammogram for this year but she did offer to accompany me for mine which I thought was very sweet of her. She said that where she goes they are excellent and the discomfort was minimal, that was a big boost for me to make the appointment and I will be doing so via my doctor next time I have to go.

Once again thanks all for your wonderful support

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo+Oct 25 2005, 11:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-paris
@Oct 25 2005, 10:28 AM
Great news about your daughter!  Now go get your neighbor and get your mammogram!  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113254
Well Paris, I went and spoke to my friend across the road and she has already had her mammogram for this year but she did offer to accompany me for mine which I thought was very sweet of her. She said that where she goes they are excellent and the discomfort was minimal, that was a big boost for me to make the appointment and I will be doing so via my doctor next time I have to go.

Once again thanks all for your wonderful support

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113296
[/B][/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts