Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEST. FORUM. EVER. I'm so excited I found this forum. Can you tell?

I would first like to apologize, because this is going to be long-winded...

I became the proud Maltese mommy of Jasper in March, 2009. He's been catered to ever since he's been with me at the age of 10 weeks. In his toddler stages, he enjoyed riding around the neighborhood in his stroller and loved being carried in his papoose. He spent a lot of time playing in his playpen, and a lot of time in the house and fenced-in backyard. He's never allowed off leash when we're outside, and must ride in a crate when he rides in the car. He loves to ride. We go everywhere together. He's got all the ladies in the neighborhood wrapped around his pinky-paw.

He goes to the groomer regularly, and he loves her and her dogs. I think he actually looks forward to it. He also does great at the vet's office. He doesn't flinch when he gets his shots. Jasper is also quite stylish, and pretty much has a wardrobe larger than mine. His blue hoodie is his favorite.

On his first Halloween (2009), he dressed up as a skunk and went trick-or-treating. He got to go to the bank where my dad works and come to my office and see everyone, as well as Pet Smart. He likes to shop. Greenies are his favorite. He doesn't get to eat them when he wants, he has to work for them.

He attended Puppy Kindergarten in November, 2009. He's a spirited little fella, but he did very well. He's made a ton of new puppy friends, as well as kids and adults. He actually has his own Facebook page with 80 friends. Haha!

We had some professional pictures made of us for Christmas gifts and Christmas cards. He loves the camera and the camera loves him.

At Christmastime, Jasper had his own tree and ornaments with lots of presents. He loved the sparkly lights, and he never once tried to eat the tree! Santa Paws came to our local mall and we had our picture made with him.

On January 10 of this year, he celebrated his first birthday with a "Barkday Paw-ty". Sixteen of his favorite doggie friends came. They enjoyed goodie bags with treats, bandanas, toys. He got to open LOTS of nice gifts and everyone got to have their picture taken in the doghouse photo booth my mom made.

Jasper loves his grandparents and their two beautifully groomed and also spoiled Bichon boys, Bailey and Ben. Sometimes Bailey snubs him because Bailey is the king, but Jasper and Ben play hard together. They're usually both sound asleep after a couple hours of playing. They have playdates at least once a week, sometimes twice. And Jasper has figured out what days we are supposed to go. Trust me, he reminds me.

When he's sitting on the couch or bed with me and wants down (he isn't allowed to jump), he pushes his Kong off in the floor with his nose. I pick it up, he does it again. We go through this about ten times. I've finally realized that means he wants down. I think he's smarter than I am.

Sometimes Jasper comes to the office with me. The clients love him. I think he's good therapy for people going through a hard time (I handle bankruptcies).

I lost my 14 year old poodle in 2009, prior to finding Jasper. I almost didn't go to the nursery to see the puppies because they were only advertising boys and I wanted a girl. I was grieving so much over the loss of my Emma, but my dad encouraged me just to go look. He thought it might make me feel better. I can't imagine not going to that nursery on that day and missing out on who has become the light of my life. Below is a photo of us on his Gotcha Day.

In closing, I'm so happy to be here with all of you. I have read a lot of your posts and am so very impressed by not only your love and affection toward your furkids, but also your knowledge! I hope to learn a lot from you, and I can't wait to make some new friends. It's nice to be able to share something that is so near to your heart with others.

Much love to everyone,

Toni

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Hi Toni, Welcome to SM, :smilie_daumenpos: Love the picture of you and your littleman Jasper.:wub: I'm looking forward to hearing more about you and Jasper.:chili:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
:Cute Malt:Definitely a KEEPER, that Jasper!
:Welcome 4:I KNOW you love him more than life itself---welcome & enjoy!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
love love ur story , its apparent that he captured your heart , they do that those lil fellows... jasper is adorable !!! welcome welcome to SM !

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:Welcome 4: Toni - after your intro, if you and Jasper don't fit in here at SM, then I just don't know. Sounds like over the moon love for the little guy.:wub::wub: I'm so sorry you lost your poodle but am happy that Jasper found you and keeps that unconditional love thing going in your home and heart. Great pictures of Jasper and you and I hope that you become an active part of SM. Beware, it's addicting. :HistericalSmiley:
Cant wait to see this year's Halloween costume:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is so much fun! I've not gotten much work done today because I've been HERE. But that's ok. I'm already learning your dogs!

Thank you, Paula. Your girls tickle me in their little dresses. They look like they love playing dress-up. Sandi, I love the little monster so much it hurts! Kitzel is precious, I just want to scoop him up and kiss that sweet face off. Stacy, yours are simply exquisite. Mary, I am in love with your signature photo. Liza, if I drive from Kentucky to New York, can I snuggle Dolce? Haha. Soooo sweet! Johita, I LOVE that pic of Aolani sitting up like that. Every time Jasper does that, by the time I turn around to grab my camera phone, he sits back down. Susan, I'm guessing that Tyler is a mess! He's got that twinkle in his eye that reminds me of Jasper. And if I don't fit in here, I won't fit in anywhere. :w00t: Thank you all for the welcome! :grouphug:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello and welcome to SM, Toni. I looked at all the pics in your album......Jasper is soooo cute....I especially loved the pic of him in the yard in the playpen....I have an old playpen and I'm wondering if my gang would stay in it as calmly as Jasper seems to be doing. Think I'll wait till the weather get's cooler to find out. It is super hot in Texas right now.

Hugs, Blanche

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
:Welcome 1: Toni and Jasper.

I am glad that you joined SM :chili: I already enjoyed reading what you shared so far .. looking forward to more pictures and stories :wub: these little ones are so good at stealing our hearts, huh? I am owned by two maltese. Your lil one is so cute

Kat

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
:Cute Malt::Welcome 4::SM Rocks!:

WELCOME! I really enjoyed reading all about Jasper. He sounds like a happy, well adjusted pup. You'll fit in perfectly here. I'm so glad you joined us!:chili:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi Toni,
Love your story. Well written. Jasper has quite a life and is a real cutie! Zippy will look forward to getting to know him. she is a busy girl, so doesn't get to spend much time here, but she will be watching for him, and imparting her wisdom .......:innocent:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just joined the other night and your babies are so precious. I am looking for a female maltese puppy. I had the most wonderful yorkie but due to having allergies to her and going outside to potty all the time, I was sick in and out of the hospital several times. I'm wanting a Maltese so I can train her to potty pads. Can anyone help me? I live in Kentucky and not many are from KY.

Thanks so much,
Denise

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Hi Denise and welcome to SM. you found a wonderful site. If you read through the forums, I am sure you will find some info about breeders close to you. Otherwiise, I hope someone will read this who knows of breeders close to u.
I think that it will be very helpful if you started a new thread instead of responding to an old one to have more chances for people to see your questions :)

Enjoy!
Kat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts