Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took Nikki in for her yearly blood work and checkup. She is doing great! All of her blood work is normal, no issues at all! :chili: I guess the home cooking and supplements we are using have worked well for her.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:chili::chili:Glad to hear that everything is going well with Nikki:thumbsup:........I do home cooking/supplements for all my fluffs as well after Toby had HGE last July and he has been doing great and the girls have actually lost a little weight.:aktion033::aktion033:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
:chili::chili:Glad to hear that everything is going well with Nikki:thumbsup:........I do home cooking/supplements for all my fluffs as well after Toby had HGE last July and he has been doing great and the girls have actually lost a little weight.:aktion033::aktion033:
I switched Lady to homecooking and probiotics almost two years ago after three episodes of HGE in four months. She never had another episode after that.

She also had the best bloodwork results she'd had in years after the switch! The "bloodwork of a puppy" is what my vet said about my old girl. I was even able to reverse the liver damage she'd had from years of seizure medications. (She's on a special diet for liver compromised dogs). Her ALT is perfectly normal now.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
What fantastic news! Nikki is so fortunate to have such a wonderful mommy to care for her in the best way. I'm glad to hear she is healthy and happy!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I switched Lady to homecooking and probiotics almost two years ago after three episodes of HGE in four months. She never had another episode after that.

She also had the best bloodwork results she'd had in years after the switch! The "bloodwork of a puppy" is what my vet said about my old girl. I was even able to reverse the liver damage she'd had from years of seizure medications. (She's on a special diet for liver compromised dogs). Her ALT is perfectly normal now.
I'm so glad Lady is doing so well! I give probiotics as well as supplements. Thanks to "YOU" and "MAGGIE" I made the switch after Toby had HGE three times in four months as well. He did have a few throw-ups w/ blood and a few stools w/ small amounts of blood but once his system was detoxed, he hasn't had a problem since! It is amazing how well they recover after being changed to the home cooking. Since I started home cooking for him, I thought I might as well do it for the three girls as well and they are doing great on it.

So in case I didn't say "THANKS"........let me do it now! THANKS for your help Marj when I needed it the most! :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm so glad Lady is doing so well! I give probiotics as well as supplements. Thanks to "YOU" and "MAGGIE" I made the switch after Toby had HGE three times in four months as well. He did have a few throw-ups w/ blood and a few stools w/ small amounts of blood but once his system was detoxed, he hasn't had a problem since! It is amazing how well they recover after being changed to the home cooking. Since I started home cooking for him, I thought I might as well do it for the three girls as well and they are doing great on it.

So in case I didn't say "THANK"........let me do it now! THANKS for your help Marj when I needed it the most! :):thumbsup:
I'm so glad it worked for Toby, too! HGE is terrifying!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's fantastic news Susan. Nikki is one lucky special malt to have such a good mommy like you who takes great care of her !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm just really glad her ALT number (liver issues) is normal and she doesn't need a dental. If I can keep putting off that dental so she doesn't have to be put under, I'm a happy camper!!!

·
Registered
Frankie, Kelsey, & Poochie. Tanner & Jamie at The Bridge
3,597 Posts
Wow! Great news. What kind of probiotics do you use? Maybe I need to try that with Tanner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts