Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom@Sep 28 2005, 07:38 PM
I called the Vet's office to see if they could reccommend someone and the person on the phone said that they have a Vet that specializes in Behavior Counseling.  I just drove to the office to pick up a questionaire so I have eleven pages to fill out.  I wish that my Vet had suggested this and I hope that it works or I will have more money down the tubes.  This will be $125.00 for the office visit/consultation and 2 follow up phone calls to be scheduled and allotted 15 minutes.

Maybe this will work but I still want to try the NILF program and I could use the money on other things for him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104499
[/QUOTE]

If I were in your situation I would likely go with the vet counseling, also. You've got to do something and that is the only solution that has any hope at this point. You're such a good mommy to do this for your baby. Some people might just leave him all the time and make him suffer. I sure hope it works out and you can start exepriencing the true joy of being a malt mommy!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom+Sep 28 2005, 09:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 28 2005, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Bijousmom
@Sep 28 2005, 07:38 PM
I called the Vet's office to see if they could reccommend someone and the person on the phone said that they have a Vet that specializes in Behavior Counseling.  I just drove to the office to pick up a questionaire so I have eleven pages to fill out.  I wish that my Vet had suggested this and I hope that it works or I will have more money down the tubes.  This will be $125.00 for the office visit/consultation and 2 follow up phone calls to be scheduled and allotted 15 minutes.

Maybe this will work but I still want to try the NILF program and I could use the money on other things for him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104499

If I were in your situation I would likely go with the vet counseling, also. You've got to do something and that is the only solution that has any hope at this point. You're such a good mommy to do this for your baby. Some people might just leave him all the time and make him suffer. I sure hope it works out and you can start exepriencing the true joy of being a malt mommy!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104528

[/QUOTE]

I thought that I was being a loving mommy trying to make him happy, but according to the NILF program I accomplished the opposite of what I wanted. I wanted him to have love and security that he didn't have before and I have made him more insecure. I guess I need to reverse the situation that I created by loving him too much.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104544
[/B][/QUOTE]

No, no.... you can't love him too much.... it's just a matter of behaving a certain way around him so he can feel secure, etc. I love and kiss and spoil K & C like crazy. I've had the advantage of having a Malt for more than 12 years and I learned a lot during that first experience. Miraculously, things with K & C couldn't be better and we have such a great relationship. Please don't feel that you have to have one or the other... and that love has to be held back.

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom@Sep 28 2005, 10:22 PM
Oh, I don't mean that I would actually love him less.  It's just that when he says jump I will no longer say how high? 
I am now the master that loves him and not the other way around.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104553
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that sounds good!! With my first Malt, she was the boss and now with K & C I'm the one they look to for guidance and it is so much better this way. I think the NILF sounds great. I just now spent a little time looking over the info. I think Bijou will get more confidence knowing that you are in charge. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.