Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunter has the dog fighter and is now a champ at it! we would like to get him another for his gotcha-day but are struggling with which one to get him. Our local store only carries the dog tornado but Huner is unable to move the little bones out of their slots because he has no teeth. Can anyone suggest another puzzle that they think I should look into for him?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Erin, Sorry I don't.. But I do have a question about Hunter and no teeth.
My Libby who I've had for 2 months now was missing teeth when I adopted her. I just had her teeth cleaned and had to have 9 teeth extracted. My vet said she could end up being a toothless dog. Is there anything special you have to do for sweet little Hunter:wub: because he toothless?

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
You may want to try the Dog Turbo. :thumbsup:

Nina Ottosson Dog Turbo

I've watched big dogs work the Tornado and they have to just use their tongues to get the treats out since their muzzles are so big. I'm betting Hunter is smart enough he'd figure out how to work his wittle tongue to get those treats! :wub:

·
Registered
542 Posts
My poor departed Judy (she was a rescue) had no teeth, it never bothered her. We gave her soft food and she prefered the hard food we had for her sister.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
My Maggie loves the Nina Ottosson Interactive Toys. We have a bunch of them now as she is very good at mastering them. I usually buy the plastic versions as they are lighter and easier for small dogs, IMO.

Maggie uses her paw to move the little bones. I don't think it would be possible for her use her mouth unless we attached a little string to the little bones. I have a video on youtube of Maggie doing the tornado, but not with the little bones....I'll see about getting a video of her doing one of Nina toys with the little bones, so you can she her move them out of the way with her paw.

The Dog Turbo that Crystal suggested would be a good one for Hunter.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Maggie loves the Nina Ottosson Interactive Toys. We have a bunch of them now as she is very good at mastering them. I usually buy the plastic versions as they are lighter and easier for small dogs, IMO.

Maggie uses her paw to move the little bones. I don't think it would be possible for her use her mouth unless we attached a little string to the little bones. I have a video on youtube of Maggie doing the tornado, but not with the little bones....I'll see about getting a video of her doing one of Nina toys with the little bones, so you can she her move them out of the way with her paw.

The Dog Turbo that Crystal suggested would be a good one for Hunter.:thumbsup:
I agree, buy the plastic for smaller dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts