Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday was Northcentral Maltese Rescue's annual picnic and after worrying all week about the weather, it turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day! Sweetness and Tessa had a great time - enjoy!

Making new friends

"Mom, I'm not so sure about this doggy. It's not white and fluffy!"

Sweetness and Tessa trying out their new cooling blankets. Thank you everyone for suggestions and recommendations!

One tuckered doggy!

"Tired? Not me! Bring on the fun!"

"Psst. I've got a plan."

More to come . . .

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Catching some rays.

Here's Jazz and Nugget - that can't possibly be comfortable!

Now, that's more like it.

The group at the end of the day - tired but happy!

Thanks for sharing our day with us!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Those are just the cutest pictures ever. :chili::chili: Sweetness and Tessa looked like they wore them selves out having so much fun. So sweet looking napping on their cooling pads -- so do you recommend them?. I can't say that I don't agree about that big dog mascot--(kind of creeps me out) Very intimidating.:w00t:

I just love the last photo so much -- to see how many wonderful Maltese were rescued and their loving families with them. Now that's a really picture perfect. :wub::wub:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! I really wish we had something like this around where I live! This looks like a really fun day and a great way to socialize your pup!

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Great pictures Maggie, gosh I hope one day I can go to the NMR picnic.
Looks like the girls had a busy day, love the pictures of them with their blankie:wub:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
LOL! The giant poodle picture cracked me up, such sweet pictures of the girls napping too! Thanks for sharing :)

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So sweet looking napping on their cooling pads -- so do you recommend them?. :wub::wub:
They seemed to help - when I sat Sweetness on one, she really settled down as if to say "now this feels good." Tessa wouldn't lay on top of one, so I plopped it on top of her and she went right to sleep. They did stay cool, so I guess they helped. I think I got these from GW Little.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Looks like a FUN FUN picnic! I would love to be around that many malts and malt lovers!!!! So glad the weather was good for y'all. Loved the pics, too.

Those cooling blankets - do you have to do anything special with them - put them in a freezer or something? I think Sophie would like one of those. She's always laying on the tile to cool off. Does it help to keep them cool outside for a while?

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Maggie - thanks for sharing. I was wondering how the picnic went this year and hoping a lot of people were able to attend.

Love the pictures of Sweetness and Tess. They look like they had too much fun and just wore themselves out by the end of the event.

Thanks so much for sharing these.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those cooling blankets - do you have to do anything special with them - put them in a freezer or something? I think Sophie would like one of those. She's always laying on the tile to cool off. Does it help to keep them cool outside for a while?
Here's the link to them: Cooling Mat for Small Dogs

You activate them by soaking them in water for 5 - 10 minutes, then let them air dry for 15-30 minutes. After that they'll stay cool (supposedly 65 degrees but I didn't check the temp) for several days. I activated them Friday afternoon and they're still cool today. I did put them in the cooler on the drive to Milwaukee because it would stay cooler, but that's it. Tessa wouldn't lay on hers but certainly relaxed with it draped over her!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Your pictures are sooo good! Love them..........especially the ones where they are so tired and trying to sleep. OMGoodness, they can't get their little heads settled on anything comfortable!! It looks like everyone had fun!! Thanks for sharing...............

1 - 20 of 34 Posts