Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

no dogs :( although we are all gods creatures...

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  mom2bijou 
#1 · (Edited)
well,...
because on the cemetary where mommy wanted to go, there were no dogs allowed, I had a nap in my bagpack and watched her taking pictures from inside.
it was better anyway, cause it was pouring down, once we got to half of the cemetary.

mommy wanted to share some of the pictures she took with you. she loves cemetaries you must know, isn't that strange??
well anyway...I love her either way :blush:

hope you like the pictures
:blush:

See less See more
#4 ·
Poor Heini, surely they didn't mean you. And, I don't think your mom is strange at all, I love looking at pictures taken in cemeteries - here we call them Cities of the Dead - now that's strange. But, with all of the above-ground tombs when you look at them from above they really do look like cities!

Becky, I love your pictures - you would love to come to New Orleans and take pictures here. Your pictures remind me of the monuments here.

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

#6 ·
thank you very much; I', glad your feedback is positive :aktion033:

here we call them Cities of the Dead - now that's strange. But, with all of the above-ground tombs when you look at them from above they really do look like cities!
oh I like that name and yes, they are like little cities really.

when I walk on those old cemetaries, I can get lost in time and daydreaming. it is so peaceful there and quiet and somehow the air is always fresh.

oh I surely would come and visit your new orleans city of the dead. maybe one day.

thank you :wub:

#7 · (Edited)
Becky, wow, I also love old cemeteries, the monuments are a work of art, you really captured them, I especially loved the angel with the rose, so peaceful, makes me wonder who is buried in the plots and their stories of their lives. so what's the story about the skull? Little weird but everyone to their own.

You would love the cemeteries ( Cities of the Dead) in New orleans, we spent a half day going through them, I especially loved the ones at some of the plantations. I took so many pictures, I love the Southern States

#9 ·
Becky, wow, I also love old cemeteries, the monuments are a work of art, you really captured them, I especially loved the angel with the rose, so peaceful, makes me wonder who is buried in the plots and their stories of their lives. so what's the story about the skull? Little weird but everyone to their own.
oh yes, i love reading what it sais on the stones too, makes me think of stories. seeing how old people were when they had to leave earth, what profession they had and so on. very interesting.

the skull...

it was on a really old grave. 17oo the husband followed his wife into the world of suls. well I could not read everything clearly on the stone, as it was very damaged already. but I liked it.

Do you know what program she is using for the borders?
hey johita, it is a free program called photoscape

You would love the cemeteries ( Cities of the Dead) in New orleans, we spent a half day going through them, I especially loved the ones at some of the plantations. I took so many pictures, I love the Southern States
ohh
i just googeld that, it looks beautiful!!! I bet I could stay and look around for hours there.

#11 ·
Beautiful cemetery and beautiful pictures like always. I wonder why no dogs especially in Germany. I think Germany is like France, you can take the dogs almost everywhere. The only old cemeteries I have been are the Père Lachaise in Paris and one in New Orleans. Oh forgot, I was at the one in Castroville (Texas) too. I don't particularly like cemeteries. But love to go to the old ones because of history.

#15 ·
Beautiful photos, Becky.

Heini looks so dear waiting outside the gates for you. He's precious looking as always ... those eyes make my heart melt every time. :wub::wub:

I don't think you are strange at all because you enjoy visiting cemeteries. So many cemeteries are beautiful. it's interesting to look at the different stones and sculptures. I find that cemeteries can often be a sacred and serene place to visit. And, it's interesting to read the tombstones and plaques.

Believe it or not ... my younger sister and her husband had their formal wedding pictures taken at one of the cemeteries back home. No, not in front of tombstones ... but, with gorgeous trees and flowers in the background.

#29 ·
thank you all so very much for letting me share with you and the nice comments!

Heini looks so dear waiting outside the gates for you. He's precious looking as always ...
NO WAY I WOULD EVER leave him outside. I would die of fear. I have him on my back. like a carrier just as a bagpack :thumbsup:

Becky, those pictures are stunning! I love the one with the rose. I too love cemeteries and the history they hold. I belong to a sight Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records where you can volunteer to go take pictures of headstones for people out of town etc. They register 1000's of graves for people to find where their loved ones are buried.
oh that is interesting. I will have a search though that.

Becky I love your photos. I know this may sound strange to some but I love old cemeteries. I love to read the names, but it is sometimes sad when you see the headstone of a young mother and 2-3 baby headstones.
oh yes, sometimes it is really sad. I somehow can never take pictures of baby or childrens graves. it gives me the shivers.

Becky your pictures are amazing. When I went to Scotland we went to an old cemetery and it was amazing.

Here's a picture I took in Kilmartin, Scotland
View attachment 87492
Good thing Heini had his backpack to go in! :)
oh that cemetary looks pretty. when I go to scotland I will surely visit a cemetary too. hope I will ever get to scotland. I've been planning it for years and it never comes trough.

Oh Becky, those pictures are gorgeous!!! And bless little Heini, such a good boy waiting for Mommy, and he looks so darn cute doing it, as always. You two, are just simply loves :wub:
NOOO...he didn't have to wait, I would never EVER leave him outside, rather I would not go in. and the sign shows...*dogs on their own legs forbidden*
I can't see a sign *dogs in bags are forbidden* :innocent:

#23 ·
Becky I love your photos. I know this may sound strange to some but I love old cemeteries. I love to read the names, but it is sometimes sad when you see the headstone of a young mother and 2-3 baby headstones.

#26 ·
Becky your pictures are amazing. When I went to Scotland we went to an old cemetery and it was amazing.

Here's a picture I took in Kilmartin, Scotland
Headstone Grave Cemetery Historic site Grass

Good thing Heini had his backpack to go in! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.