Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

no fears

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Lacie's Mom 
#1 ·
Earlier this evening I went to visit a friend of mine and her husband, he has been ill for a couple years, tonight I was talking with Bob and his wife ask him to share with me what he had told her this morning, he went on to say "Paula I'm going to heaven soon and I'll see Jesus," we both looked at one another and cryed and then I told Bob what a glorious home coming he will soon have, and I ask him when my time comes to go to Heaven would he meet me there, we cryed some more and he said oh yes, I will help prepare for you. It's so wonderful knowing death doesn't have to separate you from those you love. I don't know why I'm sharing all this with you, maybe to help someone else, maybe because I am so thankful to know Bob and to see him again, if not here in heaven. Thanks for listening

#10 ·
Paula its a nice sentiment, since I just got a reminder today. My uncle passed in October and in the Maltese tradition we give out a Sunta (a small card with the persons name, birth death and a poem).

Its a religious card that you give out to all the people that attend the funeral or send prayers/flowers. I could not attend so my cousin his daughter sent me one and it put a smile on my face. I said on theres my uncle Tony (he was just such a jolly man always smiling) and put him in a prominent space on my dresser. So no just share what you feel..Thanks Paula :prayer:

#12 ·
You have such a special, sweet spirit about you Paula! Your post brought tears to my eyes. Moments like those are such a blessing. Although it is painful, what a blessing also!

It reminds me of a few weeks ago at work. I work in a hospital, and one of my jobs is to train all of the new lab employee's. I was out with a new phlebotomist and our patient was a very frail elderly woman. My co-worker spent some time looking for a suitable vein as she had already been bruised and as he was searching for a vein, I was talking to the wonderful woman. She was holding my hand and said "honey I am so sick...I have never been so sick in my life." The next thing you know, her granddaughter and great-grandson came walking in. The patient was in and out of consciousness, but did recognize her granddaughter and held her hand. The patient told her granddaughter that her husband had been coming by a lot to visit her. The granddaughter started to cry and said Grandma, Grandpa is in heaven. The Grandma said "I know." The granddaughter said, Grandma do you want to go to heaven and be with grandpa? The grandma said "I'm so tired." The granddaughter said "grandma, if you want to be with grandpa, it's ok. Can you tell him how much I miss him? And can you tell him about Andrew (her little boy)?" Oh my goodness, it was impossible to completely hold back the tears. What a sweet moment, so very hard, but a blessing.
Bob and his family with be in my thoughts and prayers.

#14 ·
Paula -- that was a very special moment, and yes, I know that there are those that will greet me when I pass -- and hopefully it will be Heaven where they greet me (not the other place). :)

Those of us that have faith don't fear death the way that people who don't realize that Jesus will be waiting for them with open arms think of passing. I see that, for example, as a big difference between DH and me and how we look at the hereafter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.