Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Hey Traci! I am just curious, what exactly is Brinkley doing while you are grooming him? Is he growling or just squirming? Toby squirms, but my hubby holds him and we seem to manage. If it is only a squirming thing, maybe you could enlist one of the kids or your hubby to help. Do you think the grooming session takes too long and he just gets "antsy?" I know when we groom Toby, it takes me anywhere from 1-1.5 hours. Sometimes we do it in sessions and I spread it out over two or three days.

I'm letting Toby's hair grow out a bit too. We'll see how that works out in a month or so. I think Brink and Toby must have similar hair.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Traci, I was just thinking about this and I think Brink and Toby have similar hair. Anyway, when I clip Toby, I take his hair down really short, 0.5 inch. I never have to brush him because there is really nothing to brush and he can go 3-4 months before he needs another full groom.

In between grooms, I do his paw pads, nails and trim up his bum area. Since I know money is a concern for you, you can probably stretch the groomings to 3-4 months and possibly you can still do the mini-grooms at home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.