Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
16,882 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Oct 2 2005, 01:18 AM
Hey Traci!  I am just curious, what exactly is Brinkley doing while you are grooming him?  Is he growling or just squirming?  Toby squirms, but my hubby holds him and we seem to manage.  If it is only a squirming thing, maybe you could enlist one of the kids or your hubby to help.  Do you think the grooming session takes too long and he just gets "antsy?"  I know when we groom Toby, it takes me anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.  Sometimes we do it in sessions and I spread it out over two or three days.

I'm letting Toby's hair grow out a bit too.  We'll see how that works out in a month or so.  I think Brink and Toby must have similar hair.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105374
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you are speaking of brushing or clipping when you speak of grooming. If it is brushing and you find your baby is squirmy try holding him in your lap. I have always placed Sassy in my lap to brush her, clip her nails, pluck ears, etc. There is not a whole lot of wiggle room there.
But after the initial training period she just lays here and enjoys. I hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.