Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts
Good for you trying to quit. I smoked for years and so did my hubby. We both quit on April 16, 2001. Quit net is a great place to go that will give you help.

Don't be fooled by telling yourself that stress makes you smoke. Actually, once you quit the stress level goes down. Smoking makes the stress worse. Also, within 3 days of not smoking it is out of your system. From then on it's all in your head and it's a matter of habit.

The best advise I can give you to quit smoking is to change the way you do everything. Anyone that knows me from quitnet.com knows from talking to me that habit change works the best. If you want to pm me I will give you the details on how to quit. Also, you might want to pick up Alan Carr's book on giving up smoking.

Good luck to you and remember if you REALLY want to quit YOU CAN

· Registered
731 Posts
Originally posted by Angelsmom@Sep 4 2005, 10:34 PM
I really don't think anyone has the right to bash anyone for smoking especially if they havn't ever smoked themselves.  It is a very hard habbit to get rid of and no one will ever quit until they are ready to and when that happens you can do it. nagging a person to quit just won't work. You have to want to. I wish you all the success in the world and if you want any support please just pm me.
Time Smoke-Free: 1738 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 43 seconds and darn proud of it

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96916
[/QUOTE]

You are so right in what you say. As you know we were both on Quitnet.com and we made it though.

I can tell you what we did with our money. My DH and I quit April, 19, 2001. We each have saved a little over $11,000.00. With the $22,000.00 I bought a small pickup truck, glassed in a screened in porch and put some ceramic tile in the kitchen.

One thing you might want to look at is Buergers Disease. For those of you who might not know, it is fingers and toes getting cold and either looking white or blue. Bottom line, poor circulation. The difference is with Buergers you have to have fingers and toes removed. My DH got lucky, HE QUIT.

Imagine this? My hubby had to quit, I DIDN'T. How dare he have problems. When your a smoker you do NOT want someone else to forcing you to quit. That just isn't fair in your mind. Smokers love to smoke, they use every excuse in the book. STRESS being the biggest excuse. We all have stress!!!! Actually, smoking makes the stress ten times worse.

IF YOU really want to QUIT, YOU CAN. Think of not smoking as giving up a habit. Cigs are NOT your best friend. They are your worst enemy. Trust me you will love yourself more, feel better about your self, and you will have more time on your hands to do things you don't have time for now. Your brain will feel strange for awhile because it won't be spending time planning when you will get to smoke again. All smokers deep down inside don't like smoking but we all have excuses because we are afraid of failing. Most smokers try many times before making it. It's ok. The time will come when you do quit and you will never look back again.

I would never put someone down that smokes because only someone that has smoked truly understands. It's not easy but nothing in life is easy, we have to work hard at our jobs, our marriages, and even harder to raise our children.

Best of luck and if you need any tips please PM me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.