Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked out up for sunny today for the airplane ride tomorrow and he has been playing with it all night its so cool lol its just like a normal squeaky toy to him but i cant hear it at all its very cool it like squeaks on those sound waves dogs and hear but people cant, the toys themselves are really sute its like a little family a toys a mom and a dad and a brother and a sister and 2 pets were the parent toys are for bigger dogs and so on i got sunny the medium one but the small size proubly would have been better anyways i just wanted to say that this toy is awsome and i think it will be great for the plane and staying at familys house because he loves his squeakys but they are so dang annoying to everyone else

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
have never heard of these toys, where do u get them?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think its all the same sound becuase you can get replacment squeakers for them i did see if they had them at the store i was at but there are instructions for opening the toy and putting in a new squeaker

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I read a review somewhere a while back and it's true, people can't hear the squeaker.. but on the downside, the toys themselves don't hold up very well to rough play. The dog that was testing one of the toys got the stuffing out of most of the toy, destroyed the squeaker and ripped of the eyes. So if you have a dog who kills toys, it might not be the best one.. That's what has kept me from buying one.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
park doesn't squeak his toys either...when i do he thinks i'm hurting it, and he starts to lick it to make it better

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Most of the time the squeakers in the toys don't bother us...but Brink has a few rubber balls that have like a party horn squeak...like the kind you blow on New Year's or something?! They are SO loud!!!
Hubbykeeps threatening to take the plastic thing out of the air hole that makes it so loud...but I won't let him. Brink loves it...but we hate it!

These noiseless squeakers are a great idea...but if they tear up easily, they are not for us either. -_-

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
geez...you guys would definitely hate my house! LOL. cynthia LOVES to get those toys where you squeeze--they squeak....and when you release it---it squeaks again. lol. and then we'll throw it around (yes, we throw toys in the house :D ) and gruffi will grab it...lay down and then just keep squeaking it over and over again. i think i've drowned it out. i just put the volume up on the tv and put captioning. LOL.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 24 2004, 12:20 PM
  and then we'll throw it around (yes, we throw toys in the house :D )
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25301
[/QUOTE]

Is this a "no-no" in other houses? LOL...I thought everyone threw toys to play fetch in the house...he he...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
oh, well, my brother thinks its bad. but he also treats his dog like ****...so i guess he doesnt have the same mentality as we all do.
LOL.

now i dont feel so bad. BUT cynthia still almost hits the turtles aquarium....or the birdcage....and definitely gets the toys in their water bowl all the time. lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I created this board then left town lol...the computer here is super slow so i proubly wont post to many times anyways...
sunny hasnt damaged the toy yet but he hasnt really ruined many toys and when he does it takes a while so that hasnt been a proublem sunnt still has a billion toys that make noise but this was good for the plane lol there was something else i was gonna say but i forget

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't mind the toys that squeak. Lacey loves to play with empty soda bottles. Hubby gives them to her...with the cap on real tight. Let me tell you in the middle of night sometimes Lacey will get up and play and you guessed it she plays with the soda bottle. I am amazed at how much noise these bottles make. It is one of Lacey's favorite toys. She has hundreds of dollars worth of toys and her favorite is an empty sode bottle and her green moonie.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Dec 26 2004, 12:10 AM
I don't mind the toys that squeak.  Lacey loves to play with empty soda bottles.  Hubby gives them to her...with the cap on real tight.  Let me tell you in the middle of night sometimes Lacey will get up and play and you guessed it she plays with the soda bottle.  I am amazed at how much noise these bottles make.  It is one of Lacey's favorite toys.  She has hundreds of dollars worth of toys and her favorite is an empty sode bottle and her green moonie.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25393
[/QUOTE]

Which type of bottles are these.... like the 32 oz. Coke bottles? or small ones.... I assume you mean the plastic bottles? I might try this for K & C but want to get the right ones!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Dec 26 2004, 12:10 AM
I don't mind the toys that squeak.  Lacey loves to play with empty soda bottles.  Hubby gives them to her...with the cap on real tight.  Let me tell you in the middle of night sometimes Lacey will get up and play and you guessed it she plays with the soda bottle.  I am amazed at how much noise these bottles make.  It is one of Lacey's favorite toys.  She has hundreds of dollars worth of toys and her favorite is an empty sode bottle and her green moonie.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25393
[/QUOTE]

Brinkley does this with empty bottles too, but now we really have to watch him b/c he will chew into them and make sharp places on the bottle. The little bitty water bottles...like 8 ounce or so are his favorite...they are also "fatter" so he can't really get his mouth around them to "chew" them as easily...but he can sure bat one around for a LONG time!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i know this is an old thread but kim brought one of these home today from petsmart, Lizzie loves squeeky toys, Sampson and Maggie enjoy looking at them :lol:

anyway, i thought we had been ripped off, I said you cant hear it, but you can squeeze it and Lizzie will come running from another room, she is sitting under the desk now whimpering because its sitting beside me on the desk while i looked it up

http://www.happydogtoys.com/soniks/

·
Registered
802 Posts
Max can't squeak them himself, but I use the squeak to get his attention and he comes running.

He likes the empty 21oz soda bottles, too. It's so funny watching him carry them around, they are about as big as him.

I guess they get bored with the same toys too. You have to mix it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts