Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The colour of Jolie's nose is getting lighter, is this normal? It use to be very black now it is changing to a greyish-brown. Has anyone experienced this with your little ones?

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think what you need to do is let Jolie sit out in the sun a little while each day as this helps the migmentation darken. I know since summer began I haven't let Scooby stay out much at all because of the heat but now it is getting cooler I will encourage him to play out in his yard a little more during the day.
It is often called a winter nose because of the lack of the warm sun in the very cold areas.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sadie and Sassy are outside the same amount of time - almost never. Sassy's nose is very black and Sadie's is kind of a pinkish brown. It has become that color over the last 6 months. I suspect it is something in her genetic makeup.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Sir N used to have a coal black nose and what looked like very thick, black eyeliner. It's all going pink. For him, it's age as he gets time in the sun every day and often also spends time lying in the sun on his balcony in the morning.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Maya had a black nose when she was pup and she grew older her nose color change to pinkish. She's been in the sun and nothing changes. At this point I dont think her nose is getting any darker than what it is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts