Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why or how this happened overnight but kenji's nose lost a lot of color. The tip of his nose is a light pink color! I wonder if this is because he bumped his nose the other day when he was running and not watching where he was going..

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've heard of this happening before. Its called "winter nose" its do to not getting enough sun. It should get dark again if he is out in the sun.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
From the Bhe Jei website:

Many people are concerned about the pigment or lack there of on their Maltese. When noses turn grayish, fade or have patches of white at the corner they are sometimes referred to as "winter noses". What your Maltese needs is more sunshine. Breeders and exhibitors have long know that the deeper and darker the pigment the more time a Maltese spends outdoors "soaking up" the sunshine. While you should ensure that your Maltese has plenty of fresh water while he is out and that the temperature is not exceedingly hot, he will enjoy some time lolling in the sun "working on his nose tan".

This doesn't happen overnight, though, so the pink spot on the tip of Kenji's nose might not be from lack of sunlight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts