Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of your babies are like this. Paris has only "voiced" her pain twice that I can think of. Once when getting one of her vacs and the second time when I stepped on her little foot. (don't know who felt worse then, her or me
). She doesn't wimper when I comb out any mats. I know it has to hurt sometimes just by how bad the mats are and how much time it takes me to get them out. The only indication she gives me when she doesn't like it is she will lift up her paw when I am combing out her leg. I hope this makes sense. Anyway, I was just wondering if all Maltese or like this or just mine.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chelsey is like that too. She is not a complainer. That's whey they sent her home with out nay med after her spay, but I knew she was in some pain.

I guess we just have to keep an carfull eye out as they do not complain to much... If i comb out a matt to hard chelsy will just turn her head in that direction... but that does not happen to offten... thank good ness for bless the beast...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sunny is a complainer lol, he dosnt make sounds like its really hurting him or anything but when I brush him he does this deep whine, almost a growl but not quite. If he gets stepped on, he is sooo loud everyone in the room ears hurt just as bad as he does.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Jul 20 2005, 03:13 PM
I was wondering if any of your babies are like this.  Paris has only "voiced" her pain twice that I can think of.  Once when getting one of her vacs and the second time when I stepped on her little foot. (don't know who felt worse then, her or me
).  She doesn't wimper when I comb out any mats.  I know it has to hurt sometimes just by how bad the mats are and how much time it takes me to get them out.  The only indication she gives me when she doesn't like it is she will lift up her paw when I am combing out her leg.  I hope this makes sense.  Anyway, I was just wondering if all Maltese or like this or just mine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83073
[/QUOTE]
Prissy is just you described she will put up with anything before she expresses pain. Now I never told this story but I bought prissy and after I had her about a week my step dad loved her so much he wanted to get one as well we called prissys breeder and she haad her sister left. This was the one my mom wanted me to pick in the first place because she was small. I liked prissy because she had a better personality and she had a thicker coat. Even though her sister was closer to standard I liked prissy. We had her sister for about a month and she was horrible she hated being groomed she screamed at the slightest tug. She was very jealous of other dogs she would attack prissy and our chis when they got close to us. We found an elderly couple who just wanted one dog and this was a much better home for her. She was a nice dog along but not good with others.

I'm glad prissy was my choice. SHe is perfect.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady is stoic about pain. She gets insulin shots twice a day and never even winces! I take a drop of blood to check her sugar from the inside of her lip and she sits there as still as a statue until I finish. She is just the best patient, even at the vet's office.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
It sounds to me like you are all LUCKY!!!
Kodie is a BIG BABY about pain... combing his matts out... doing things he doesnt like to him like a bath... me not showing him attention... he CRIES CRIES CRIES.... -_-
most of the time its cute... but sometimes.. not.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jul 21 2005, 07:49 AM
It sounds to me like you are all LUCKY!!! 
Kodie is a BIG BABY about pain... combing his matts out... doing things he doesnt like to him like a bath... me not showing him attention... he CRIES CRIES CRIES....  -_- 
most of the time its cute... but sometimes.. not.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83268
[/QUOTE]
I know how angry you can get over a cry baby but he is just too cute. I love to just watch your sig even though I have seen it 100's of times. what a cutie!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts