Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a more coarse straw-like hair around Harley butt area-thebrest of him is alittle wavey and straight. Wonder why? And will the rest of his hair turn that way? UGH! If I didn't know better I'd think he was going thru menopause
the way he's changing all the time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Catcher's coat has gotten worse I think. He's almost a year and even though it is very, very thick, long and sort of luxurious, it is cottony. And now I know what cottony means...it is almost like his coat is made of fabric. When I rub the BTB pomade in it and squeeze his hair to get it on all of it, it is like I am squeezing a cotton knit or sweater or something... hard to explain, but it is definitely not silky.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have been told that the hair around the bum is usually the worse quality hair in a Maltese if they are to have variances. I notice Cookie's bum hair is more cottonly than the rest of her body too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Apr 20 2005, 12:59 AM
I have been told that the hair around the bum is usually the worse quality hair in a Maltese if they are to have variances.  I notice Cookie's bum hair is more cottonly than the rest of her body too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54361
[/QUOTE]

Same here,Indy's hair parts right down the middle of his back and head on it's own and is much more silky and straight. The hair around his bum is puffy, more like cotton and gets matted alot more easily, it is also drier than the rest of his hair. He just had the last of his shots last week so I will be taking him to be groomed in a little over a week to have the hair back there taken care of
Right now he sort of has a mini full coat look
which on the rest of him is fine, but it is a real challenge with him moving and wiggling as I try and de-matt his hair back there and he hates being brushed/combed back there

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Littlemans Mom@Apr 20 2005, 04:29 AM
Same here,Indy's hair parts right down the middle of his back and head on it's own and is much more silky and straight. The hair around his bum is puffy, more like cotton and gets matted alot more easily, it is also drier than the rest of his hair. He just had the last of his shots last week so I will be taking him to be groomed in a little over a week to have the hair back there taken care of   
  Right now he sort of has a mini full coat look   
  which on the rest of him is fine, but it is a real challenge with him moving and wiggling as I try and de-matt his hair back there and he hates being brushed/combed back there     

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54366
[/QUOTE]

You may want to try the Bless The Beasts Pomade. It is truly a miracle for combing through mats. The Pomade is on this page: Bless The Beasts Web Site

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chesley's hair is changing to from the roots. It driving me crazy. We took them walking the other day and I put her jacket on as it was still breezy . When we got home her hair was all matted up from the neck down, gee one walk , 1 hour
. No more sweeters , thank goodness it is warm now.
I headed her straight down stairs and washed with bless the beast. If I did not have that shampoo she would be bald right now. I noticed her hair is getting some skilky in it more at the back an at the roots... But the rest of her hair is so cotton... I'm wondering if we should cut her hair down until the new hair is all in. I still need to get BTB pomade
we are running low on the shampoo nearly time to order the three pack .

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The hair on Lady's body and haunches is much more silky than the hair on her chest and legs. I always hate to cut her shorter because she never mats on her body, but the cottony part really looks awful past about 4 inches or so. She gets a puffy chest like a Pomeranian! We are into the warm weather here and her coat is about 2&1/2 inches now which is really a great length for her. I really don't know why I struggle every winter to keep her coat longer!

I know I've said this before, but the Chris Christensen Gold Series pin brush really is great on more cottony coats.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi has really thick hair. It is all really silky except for a patch on her back by her shoulder blades. For some reason that patch of hair is coarser.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey to has this. A patch of hair on her back near her rear is not the same as the rest of her. It doesn't matt but I do keep her in a shorter cut. She is my "little tomboy" so a shorter cut on her is good. I use the BTB pompade and I love it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Apr 20 2005, 11:39 AM
The hair on Lady's body and haunches is much more silky than the hair on her chest and legs. I always hate to cut her shorter because she never mats on her body, but the cottony part really looks awful past about 4 inches or so. She gets a puffy chest like a Pomeranian! We are into the warm weather here and her coat is about 2&1/2 inches now which is really a great length for her. I really don't know why I struggle every winter to keep her coat longer!

I know I've said this before, but the Chris Christensen Gold Series pin brush really is great on more cottony coats.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54472
[/QUOTE]
I need to get that brush.... thanks for the reminder!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts