Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Boom got shaved not too long ago, if you didn't see pics they're in the pic forum or on the website in my sig.

Anyway, I've been pretty sad his hair's as short as it is... until tonight. We're leaving tomorrow to go visit my inlaws, so I gave him a bath tonight. It was SO EASY! His hair is so short that it was literally a 15 min bath. We used his puppy shampoo, a lil conditioner, and then I toweled him. Usually towel drying doesn't do much on this dog, but today it nearly got him dry!

I then blow dried him for like 5 mins! So I think in total I might have used 25 mins "grooming" Boom. His hair is so short right now it doesn't really need brushing either! Well, except his tail.

I might keep him just a lil longer than this from now on!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Well, personally, I think Boom looks great like that!!

See...there IS a plus side to short 'do's

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
It is so funny that you say it took 25 minutes to bathe Boom. When I tell people that I have a malt and it takes me 25 minutes from start to finish (including prep and clean up) no one believes me.

Personally, I love the short cut and that's why I keep Toby in it. I think the short cuts makes them look like puppies.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Boom Boom looks great! :D
I am with you on the short hair thing. Rex's hair grew out so fast from his cut in July. I am already planning on getting him a trim at the first of the year if not sooner. It was so easy short and now we are dealing with mats again. It took me 2 hours yesterday and that was only because I was running out of time to wash, pick mats and dry. I think we were all happier with him having shorter hair, including him. My daughter (8 yrs old) is a firm believer that Maltese should have long hair and Rex is technically hers. I hate to get his hair cut without her wanting it, but when it comes down to it, I am the one that grooms him. I hope I can convince her by showing her pictures of all your malts with shorter hair!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.