Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Now I remember what I wanted to ask!!!

2K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Scoobydoo 
#1 ·
I've been finding lots of human hair in jo's poop, she sleep on our head so I'm sure she gets it from there and the floor and such... Do you think this is bad for her system? I thought it was worms at first and got all uppy to take her to the vet, but no it was my hair. Anyone finds the same?

See less See more
#3 ·
Massimo's 18 months and I'm still finding hair in his poop. Makes him have dingleberries...and I have to s l o w l y pull them out.... ugh...gross.

#6 ·
Originally posted by mimi2+Jul 22 2005, 03:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie
@Jul 22 2005, 01:58 PM
Massimo's 18 months and I'm still finding hair in his poop.  Makes him have dingleberries...and I have to s l o w l y pull them out....  ugh...gross.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83720

Yep, I've had to do this too, hair and some sort of string.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83739
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have done the same thing to Daezie and Maya. Pull hairs out of their butt
after they have gone #2

#9 ·
i read somewhere to be careful when you pull out the hair cuz it can get tied in their intestines and get painful. BUT...i still pull it out.
the aritcle said to just cut it off with scissors...but i'd rather just take it out.

anyway, try vacumming more often and brushing your hair before you sleep. if it has happened a lot, then im sure its not good. the girls do it maybe once every 2-3 months.

#10 ·
Originally posted by Carrie@Jul 22 2005, 03:58 PM
Massimo's 18 months and I'm still finding hair in his poop.  Makes him have dingleberries...and I have to s l o w l y pull them out....  ugh...gross.
[/QUOTE]
Been there too :new_Eyecrazy: one time the hair snapped and it flung (is that a word
) a piece of poo at my face :new_Eyecrazy:

#11 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Jul 22 2005, 06:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie
@Jul 22 2005, 03:58 PM
Been there too :new_Eyecrazy: one time the hair snapped and it flung (is that a word
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83794
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ewww!! Thats so gross!! But it still made me laugh.....sorry.....

#12 ·
Originally posted by Carrie+Jul 22 2005, 06:57 PM-->
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 22 2005, 06:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83797
[/B][/QUOTE]
at the time I wanted to cry, but now it's funny

#13 ·
Sorry I actually giggled at that one too. Scooby has had hair on occasion and dingle berries and he gets funny about it when it happens and won't move until I remove the offending matter
I had to stop him playing with my sheepskin slippers for that reason too as he was eating the wool and making stringed poops

#14 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Jul 22 2005, 06:02 PM-->
Originally posted by Carrie@Jul 22 2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 22 2005, 06:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83797
at the time I wanted to cry, but now it's funny

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83799
[/B][/QUOTE]
Ewww....sorry that happened! I have to admit I laughed too though!

P.S. Flung is a word

#17 ·
The hair in the poop might be due to flossing.

Seriously!

Marshmallow's mom used to laugh and and roll her eyes over her dog.....he'd grab a big chunk of her hair, turn his head sideways, and pull.....letting the hair slowly drag through his teeth.

Unfortunately for me, Little C saw this several times and has learned how to do it on me now that my hair is growing longer.

THen again....her teeth are in better condition than Sir N's, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

#19 ·
Dixie sniffs the floor all over the house and eats anything
she finds. I am always pulling human hair out of her mouth. My daughter has very thick, long, hip length hair and Dixie will try to eat it when she finds some on the floor in her room.

#20 ·
This has happened to Tucker also. I have long hair and I've seen it in his poop. I have also had to pull it out, but only a couple of times. Usually it comes out in "dingleberries" (had not heard this one before). I know my hair is all over the floor no matter how much I vacuum, and of course he is always playing on the floor and he sleeps on my pillow. I've even seen my hair stuck to his toys. As much hair as I lose daily, it is a wonder that I am not bald. Also, this post has me ROFL.

#23 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Jul 22 2005, 06:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie
[/B][/QUOTE]
That really made me laugh! Sorry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.