Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:w00t: You know I got tix to see the Nate Berkus show tomorrow. Well they sent a questionnaire saying that they're doing a show about people's best bargains that they got and they may be featured on the show. They're having someone from Shop Smart on to talk about deals. They had categories. You had to describe it and send pix. I sent info about my $750 Nicole Miller gown from the McGraw Dinner that I paid $150 for and also wrote about HomeExchange and getting a vacation for free.
Well, the associate producer called me yesterday and liked what I wrote but said they needed someone about electronics and did I have anything. OY!! Well since I try to get a deal on everything :blush:(remember I even got Tyler for less $ because of his undescended tesicles :w00t::brownbag:). I remembered we got our kitchen tv as an open box special for half price and I also got an iPod years ago the same way for half price. Well they loved the idea. They never heard of Open Box specials which means if a box had any damage to it they can't sell the product full price. They check it works and you get full guarantee. I used to poke around electronic stores for them ro you can ask. Often 50% discounts on perfect good. SOOO - they want me to appear on the show tomorrow.Have to get there at 7:45am with tv (small tv) and iPod and go to the Green room and make up.

:new_shocked::new_shocked: What have I gotten myself into??:w00t: I like being behind the camera not in front of it.This should be interesting. They usually tape three weeks in advance. Wish me luck and send some mini-prayers that I don't get tongue tied.:shocked:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
:w00t: You know I got tix to see the Nate Berkus show tomorrow. Well they sent a questionnaire saying that they're doing a show about people's best bargains that they got and they may be featured on the show. They're having someone from Shop Smart on to talk about deals. They had categories. You had to describe it and send pix. I sent info about my $750 Nicole Miller gown from the McGraw Dinner that I paid $150 for and also wrote about HomeExchange and getting a vacation for free.
Well, the associate producer called me yesterday and liked what I wrote but said they needed someone about electronics and did I have anything. OY!! Well since I try to get a deal on everything :blush:(remember I even got Tyler for less $ because of his undescended tesicles :w00t::brownbag:). I remembered we got our kitchen tv as an open box special for half price and I also got an iPod years ago the same way for half price. Well they loved the idea. They never heard of Open Box specials which means if a box had any damage to it they can't sell the product full price. They check it works and you get full guarantee. I used to poke around electronic stores for them ro you can ask. Often 50% discounts on perfect good. SOOO - they want me to appear on the show tomorrow.Have to get there at 7:45am with tv (small tv) and iPod and go to the Green room and make up.

:new_shocked::new_shocked: What have I gotten myself into??:w00t: I like being behind the camera not in front of it.This should be interesting. They usually tape three weeks in advance. Wish me luck and send some mini-prayers that I don't get tongue tied.:shocked:
OMG!!! That is hilarious!!!! Good for you, Sue!!! So when will the show air? Tomorrow or another day? Go, Sue! Go, Sue!!! :chili::chili::chili:

p.s.: LMAO at getting Tyler for less $

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Great! It's funny how things take turns. You couldn't get them interested in your discount champion bred doggy? Would love to have Tyler there with you!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, this is so exciting Sue. You're do great -- I know that you will. I also have a TV that we got on open box special.

BTW -- be sure to let us know when we can see our latest start (you) on the show.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Oh Sue! I am so excited for you to be on TV!
That should be so much fun!
You'll be great!

You should have paid at least quadruple MORE for Tyler because he is THAT cute! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I have never heard of Nate Berkus :brownbag:---but I HAVE heard of Sue & Tyler---and if you think he is okay then he is okay w/me too! :yes:
Can I watch you on TV? What time(east coast time)---which network? Hey, we will get up early to see you here in Cali. Let us know!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I haven't heard of the show either but how exciting that you'll be on it!!!! You'll have to tell us when it's on so we can watch you on it!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG!!! That is hilarious!!!! Good for you, Sue!!! So when will the show air? Tomorrow or another day? Go, Sue! Go, Sue!!! :chili::chili::chili:

p.s.: LMAO at getting Tyler for less $
Thanks Sophia. They said they shoot about 3 weeks in advance so it won't be for a while. I'll let everyone know.
Great! It's funny how things take turns. You couldn't get them interested in your discount champion bred doggy? Would love to have Tyler there with you!
They kind of were interested in Tyler (who wouldn't be?) and i think they're going to mention how i always shop deals and even got one on my spectacular Maltese.:HistericalSmiley: I sent a picture of him.:blush: Figured it would get the AWWWW factor.:HistericalSmiley:
Wow that's so neat! oh you'll have to tell them about your best deal...Tyler!
Thanks Brenda. I did mention him. I should have mentioned how my DS was saving us about $45,000 for finishing 4 years of college in 2.5 this January! See how savings runs in the family?:thumbsup:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, this is so exciting Sue. You're do great -- I know that you will. I also have a TV that we got on open box special.

BTW -- be sure to let us know when we can see our latest start (you) on the show.
Aha - so you know the secret too Lynn. And you know Secret too.:HistericalSmiley: I love open box specials.:chili: As I said. I think it will air mid January. will let you know.
Oh Sue! I am so excited for you to be on TV!
That should be so much fun!
You'll be great!

You should have paid at least quadruple MORE for Tyler because he is THAT cute! ;)
I agree - at least quadruple. Actually they could have had my vacation home for Tyler he's so terrific. :blush:
I have never heard of Nate Berkus :brownbag:---but I HAVE heard of Sue & Tyler---and if you think he is okay then he is okay w/me too! :yes:
Can I watch you on TV? What time(east coast time)---which network? Hey, we will get up early to see you here in Cali. Let us know!
I haven't heard of the show either but how exciting that you'll be on it!!!! You'll have to tell us when it's on so we can watch you on it!!!!
Sandi and Nida - Nate Berkus is an interior design guru. Oprah I think gave him his big start (know you heard of Oprah no matter where in the world you are :smrofl:) She used to have him on about design and renovation. He always seemed like the sweetest, nicest guy. Then the saddest thing happened...he was in Phuket I believe where the huge tsunami hit. He and his partner were swept away by torrents of water but they were separated and I think Nate clung to a tree for life. His lover was washed away and died. It was heartbreaking and obviously life changing. Oprah had him on sometime after and he just looked haunted. Many years have passed and I'm so happy he's doing well and has his own show and I think lines of products like furniture and linens, etc. I'm anxious to meet him. Here's the website: Nate Berkus: The Official Website of The Nate Berkus Show
I'll let you know when it will be on but not for three weeks from what they told me.
I'll let you all know when it will be on.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The ultimate bagain family!!!!!! LOL!!!!

I'm so glad you are going to be on the show!!!! How cool is that!? I still think Tyler should have been featured. Could you imagine them doing a close up of um....Tyler's personal area as they explain why Tyler was also a bargain LOL!?!?!?!!?

Please keep us updated. I would love to watch the episode!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
We already have your autograph!:chili:

When you become (not that you're not already) famous, we'll have bragging rights!:thumbsup:

Have fun on the show, Sue!

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

Wow! Not only is Tyler a star ... but, now you will be, Sue! Yoo! Hoo! :chili::chili::chili:
Please let us know when the show will be on so that we can watch it! I can't wait!:chili::chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
[Q
Sandi and Nida - Nate Berkus is an interior design guru. Oprah I think gave him his big start (know you heard of Oprah no matter where in the world you are :smrofl:)
Oprah? Oprah? You mean the one that Dr. Phil made famous?:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Could you imagine them doing a close up of um....Tyler's personal area as they explain why Tyler was also a bargain LOL!?!?!?!!?
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:Tammy, that imagery is just way too funny!! Good thing Tyler is so precious and secure in himself.....all this teasing could get to a boy!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tyler says, "Why aw you wadies talking about my famiwy jewers. I don't talk about yaw bweasts? :blush::brownbag::brownbag:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ultimate bagain family!!!!!! LOL!!!!

I'm so glad you are going to be on the show!!!! How cool is that!? I still think Tyler should have been featured. Could you imagine them doing a close up of um....Tyler's personal area as they explain why Tyler was also a bargain LOL!?!?!?!!?

Please keep us updated. I would love to watch the episode!
Tammy, I think it would turn from a PG to an R-rating. :w00t::w00t: I've never seen Tyler bite but that could provoke a little reaction. Privacy please.:HistericalSmiley:
Sue,

That's so exciting!!! Let us know when it will be on.... can't wait to watch you on TV!!!!
thanks Debbie, I will:)
We already have your autograph!:chili:

When you become (not that you're not already) famous, we'll have bragging rights!:thumbsup:

Have fun on the show, Sue!
I just want to stand up and not faint Allie. Not looking for more than that. :HistericalSmiley::blush:
oh that is sooo exciting!!!!! I want to go shopping with you :)
I'm really a bargainista. Rarely pay full price unless I absolutely have to. must be from being brought up by a mom who went through the depression and my DH and I being self-employed. You just never know, so we're into saving, not spending.
Wow! Not only is Tyler a star ... but, now you will be, Sue! Yoo! Hoo! :chili::chili::chili:
Please let us know when the show will be on so that we can watch it! I can't wait!:chili::chili::chili:
I'd rather Tyler be on it Marie. :thumbsup: I will let you know though, unless I'm terrible. Then i won't.:HistericalSmiley:
[Q
Sandi and Nida - Nate Berkus is an interior design guru. Oprah I think gave him his big start (know you heard of Oprah no matter where in the world you are :smrofl:)
Oprah? Oprah? You mean the one that Dr. Phil made famous?:HistericalSmiley:
Yeah, Sandi, something like that.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:Tammy, that imagery is just way too funny!! Good thing Tyler is so precious and secure in himself.....all this teasing could get to a boy!!
I try not to tell Tyler when others are discussing his family jewels. :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts