Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of Nutrical to help hypoglycemia(spelling?). What can you tell me about it? Do you put it in their food everyday, or how are you supposed to give it to them?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
let them lick it off your finger. sprite liked it a little--but there were times where she had the pale gums and didnt want any, so i would put a little on my finger and rub it onto the roof of her mouth. only use it if you need to. talk to your vet about it because i would also have to give sprite a little bit of karo syrup.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
nicole, on the homecooked diet---we use flaxseed oil (from a vitamin store) to give those fatty acids for a shiny coat and good skin. i give the girls like 1/2 a teaspoon every day. and i give gruffi like a tablespoon per day. we used to have a dandruff problem with him--not anymore.
how's toby doing?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
hey, i actually tried the flaxseed oil---well, i couldnt really taste it. i accidentaly grabbed the dogs made food and ate it. it had bonemeal and flaxseed oil. oh well! lol. people actually add that stuff to their water, i would think that'd be nasty. lol.

anyway, thats totally sucky about the tornado. where do you live again? we only have to worry about earthquakes....and i havent felt one in 2yrs. and it was tiny. well, in los angeles many years ago there was major flooding. that sucked. it took us hours to get home. have you tried wee wee pad training? at least you wouldnt have to take them outside. you know? talk to you later, bye

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL, the only reason the dogs are getting all these different meals is because my mom enjoys cooking for the dogs----for me, no, but for the dogs...she'll do anything.

Sprite and Ellie get around

1/4 cup of rice(or cut up speghetti, brown rice, cheese ravioli, wild rice, potatos, Spanich fetticini)

1/2 a jar of Gerber Vegetable Food or Fruit(which I spread on the bottom of the plate because they dont want to eat their veggies)

1/8 lb of Lean Beef--just cut a beef patty for a burger in half (or boiled Chicken Breast, my mom just bar-b-qued a bunch of meat, tripe, fish, eggs)

1/8 tsp of Bone Meal

a little squirt of Flaxseed Oil

1/2 Pet Tab Vitamin (once a day)

****Fed twice a day. And that's for an adult. It's supposed to look like 50% Protein 25% Carbs, 25% veggies and/or fruit

For a puppy---60% Protein, 20% Carbs, 20% veggies and/or Fruit

I'm sure Toby will love it. But before you try, you still have to talk to your vet, and we're going to be checking our dogs blood every 6 months (which cost $150 each) so that we make sure they're getting all their vitamins. I did sprite last month (she's healthy) and I'm going to do Gruffi and Ellie tomorrow---i'll tell you the results in 8-10 days. :D

WARNING--Your dog might get picky!!! LOL. ours is, thats why we're constantly changing their food.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Oh, and if your dog still looks hungry---feed him a little more, thats totally fine. and just check his weight every now and then.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Nicole--

I used to give Sprite, Ellie, and Gruffi special meals before they started on homecooked. They loved it.

At the pet store (i got it at Brees Pet Depot--so im not sure if they sell at petco or petsmart) I bought RAW food meat patties--but i cooked them in the microwave. i was told all the vitamins and nutrients would be killed if i cooked it--but raw food is gross to me. Anyway, so i would give sprite and ellie 1/2 patty of that, one half egg cooked in the microwave, and a tablespoon of cottage cheese. i dont do it now cuz its all protein and that stuff makes them sick now. lol. They all have sensitive stomachs. anyway, so if you wanna give toby a really special treat--i'm sure he'd love that.

·
Registered
939 Posts
LOL, Maybe you should have made him some little "burgers" and put it on a bun with some veggies... It would probably be delicious! :D (just kidding)

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL, thats sooo funny!! :lol: Just give him a little of the dogs food and put a little bit of bar-b-que sauce on the side. thats what i do when my mom doesnt cook for me. i 'steal' the dogs food!! lol. i hope toby and wally love it!! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts