Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I have a question, and I would be eternally grateful if you would give me your honest opinion on it.

For about 4-5 months I have been using a certain product range. Some of the products are aimed at weight reduction. I didn’t really want to lose a lot of weight, I was reasonably satisfied with my weight – I was mainly after a “healthier” me from the inside, but I lost the 2 kilos I wanted to pretty quick. I have since been using the “sports pack” out of the products which works on weight maintenance, keeping you healthy, keeping up your energy, assisting in muscle building and reducing muscular pain after exercise etc. Given that I regularly go to the gym (at least 3 times a week) and have in recent weeks returned to sports acrobatics, it is quite suited to my needs. I also use the skincare range. I have had great results with all of the products and really believe in them.

I am now considering becoming a distributor and setting up as a “home business”. But I’m scared of making a financial commitment of any sort without studying my options first and seeing if I can find a market for the products.

Now, if I was to go ahead with this, I am able to provide to overseas customers. There are distribution warehouses all over the world, so not a great deal of shipping – each order would come from the closest warehouse to the client, therefore minimal risk of “spoiling” of any of the products and also minimal delivery costs.

Could you guys please tell me, if I was to become a distributor, would any of you consider giving the products a go? Obviously, I’m not asking you to do that, I’m just asking if any of you would be interested in looking at the products and discussing them with me and perhaps (if you liked what you saw) purchasing them and trying them?

Now I know it might sound as though I’m asking favours (I’m not – I just can’t word it right.. LOL) – do any of you have an interest in these types of products?? Maybe that’s more what I’m looking for… I think it may be a good opportunity for me, and they are products I use daily and really like myself. But like I said, just scared that I would take a financial risk and fail. I hate failure! So, I want to see if I have a market first!

Of course, I would most likely offer a % discount to my fellow Spoiled Maltese members!

Please give me your honest opinions on the idea. They would be greatly appreciated.

PS – If I didn’t make it clear above, the products are weight loss, weight management, general health, sports specific health, skin care…that sort of thing…

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 16 2004, 07:04 AM
I would be interested in more information!!! :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16577
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response tlunn!

I think people might be thinking that I am holding them to it - if they say they are interested in these sorts of things - that I would "force" them to purchase things (IF I chose to go into it as a distributor).

I was getting all worried thinking I had worded it all wrong! :eek:

So a note to everyone else - I'm not holding you to this. I won't be pushing the products on you IF and only if I decide to take it up - I just want to see if there is an interest in this sort of thing... that's all!! I PROMISE!!! -_-

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sunshine, if you have a strong passion and belief in a product, that will be 90% of your success. I would say that it goes without saying that there is much interest in the general population in skin care, weight management, sports nutrition, etc. and that your SM buddies here might not representative of the interest you will find due to the fact that we are unable to see, smell or touch the products OR to see your enthusiasm and results with the product.

It is your passion and your belief and your enthusiasm for the products that will sell them. It takes a lot of self-discipline and good self esteem to go this route. You will get many, many "no's" before you get to the "yes's" you need but every "no" gets you closer to those "yes's". Some days those no's will just wear you down and discourage you before you even get up in the morning. So the qualities I mentioned are very important. I have other suggestions for you, too, if you decide to do this.

Also, every "no" is really a "maybe". Because when you are in sales, no never means no forever. A no is just a contact to re-visit.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Nov 16 2004, 01:27 PM
Sunshine, if you have a strong passion and belief in a product, that will be 90% of your success.  I would say that it goes without saying that there is much interest in the general population in skin care, weight management, sports nutrition, etc. and that your SM buddies here might not representative of the interest you will find due to the fact that we are unable to see, smell or touch the products OR to see your enthusiasm and results with the product.

It is your passion and your belief and your enthusiasm for the products that will sell them.  It takes a lot of self-discipline and good self esteem to go this route.  You will get many, many "no's" before you get to the "yes's" you need but every "no" gets you closer to those "yes's".  Some days those no's will just wear you down and discourage you before you even get up in the morning.  So the qualities I mentioned are very important.  I have other suggestions for you, too, if you decide to do this.

Also, every "no" is really a "maybe".  Because when you are in sales, no never means no forever.  A no is just a contact to re-visit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16664
[/QUOTE]

I had to re-read this a few times.. :new_Eyecrazy: Great advice-just lost me with the "no's and yes's"!
I have been grading langueage tests all day-so I am a little

1 - 6 of 6 Posts