Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...Frosty began with eating RC, but stopped eating it all of a sudden, so we switched to Hill's from our vet. Not a good choice for Frosty evidently, she wouldn't eat it either. So we tried Eukanuba, which she ate for a little while, but again stopped eating. Then we got Dafney, my min.l.h. dachschund. She was eating RC, but I wanted them to be on the same food to make it a little easier for me if possible. Needless to say, Frosty had not eaten well, and Dafney had turned her nose up frequently to a variety of foods. We finally decided to try Nutro, although I wasn't thrilled since I have heard neg. things. But what is better for our babies? Eating a lesser than the best food, or eating only enough to survive better food? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info. Frosty has tried so many foods, and at times I have left food out all day, like when she would go on strike, and I was afraid of hypoglycimic (sp?) shock. Even then she would not touch it. But now she is on a 2x a day schedule. In the morning she gets part Nutro Natural Balance mixed with Hill's WD canned and a little warm water. She licks the bowl dry. In the evening she gets just the Nutro dry, and eats every last kibble most nights and if Dafney doesn't eat all of hers, Frosty just might finish hers off as well. How funny all these babies can be!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.