Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Nutro Max

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Sisses Momma 
#1 ·
I have just switched Jack from Science Diet to Nutro Max. He never had any tearstains until he started the Nutro Max. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it may be bothering his tummy as well? Can anyone recommend a dry food that does not cause staining and that will be easy on the tummy?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by gigimom+May 4 2005, 10:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jack
@May 3 2005, 09:44 PM
I have just switched Jack from Science Diet to Nutro Max.  He never had any tearstains until he started the Nutro Max.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I think it may be bothering his tummy as well?  Can anyone recommend a dry food that does not cause staining and that will be easy on the tummy?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59517

YES, YES and YES again. I too had my Malts on this and let me tell you... I've never cleaned up so much poop in my life! I thought it was just the way malt puppies were (yorkie was on something else). So I contacted a friend of mine that has Malts and she told me to switch the food. As soon as I did, no more round the clock pooping.

I know you asked about tearstains so here's what my poop story was leading up to. At the time they were eating the Nutro, they both had tearstains. I thought it was only because they were teething. Well, no sooner than they were off of Nutro 100%, the stains started going away. Now at 6 months, they are both almost 100% stainfree.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59670
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you all for the comments! I did mix the Nutro with Science Diet for about 3 days, but maybe that wasn't long enough. He threw up all 3 days. Today I switched him back to the Science Diet with no problems. I know this is not the best food in the least, but it doesn't seem to bother his belly and I know there are no tearstain problems. I was trying to compare ingredients to see what would cause the staining with the Nutro. I am stumped..What food did you wind up switching to that did not cause stains? Thanks again everyone for the imput.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Well, I was in the pet store again today and told the owner the problems I was having with the Nutro Max. He then tried to sell me the Nutro Ultra since it is all natural. I was almost going to buy it but was hesitant becasue it is still Nutro. So I decided to try another pet store. Low and behold I walked into another local pet store, one I have never been in because it looks so scuggy and dirty. However, they had Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul!!!!! I was thrilled to see that it had just about all of the same ingredients as the Ultra but was only $2.99 for a 4lb. bag
~~The best part was that it has no corn or wheat but oatmeal and brown rice. I am keeping my fingers crossed with this one since Jack seemed to love it as well. I mixed it with the leftover Science Diet. Hopefully, no vomiting or tearstains!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.