Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was giving Nya a bath yesterday and when I ran my hand down her tail I noticed that the last 3" of her tail was kind of bent at a 90 degree angle and I freaked! :w00t: She wasn't in any pain, it wasn't bruised or swollen and she didn't mind me touching it and since she already had a check-up scheduled with her vet this a.m. I decided to wait. I took her in and my vet looked at me like this :blink: and said he had just never seen anything like it when a dog wasn't in any pain or seem bothered by it. It appears as though she has dislocated her tail between two of the vertebrae and I have absolutely NO IDEA how she did it. She is one fearless little pup and we have to watch her like a hawk but obviously all the watching in the world didn't make a difference with this situation. :w00t: They splinted her tail using a plastic syringe cover as that is the only thing that would stay on and was the right size. She'll have to wear this for 2-3 weeks with the hopes that scar tissue will build up and mend it. On the bright side, she has gained .50 lb in the month since we got her, has no luxating patellas, no hair around her eyes growing where it shouldn't and is in excellent health. :chili: I just hope this works. :thumbsup: She HATES the CONE HEAD look.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Ohhhh, nooooo!!! I don't mean to make light of it, but maybe she wagged it too hard? :LOL: Poor Nya. The tail cast is ...well......adorable. Haha. I hope it gets better soon.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh my goodness Kim.......I hope she makes it 2-3 wks with that on her tail. Bless her little heart! What can you do with them, when they are in love with the world and are fearless!!!! Get better soon Nya!!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Oh Kim. I can't believe this happened. :new_shocked: She's such a crazy girl (wasn't she sneaking around her gate among other things) who knows how she did this. Might have been watching a tv show about kangaroos and thought she's lean on her tail that way.:w00t: The good thing is she isn't in pain, she's in terrific health, otherwise, and she's so darned cute even with that cone on. :wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh, sweet baby Nya...i hope your little tail gets better very soon,
you little doll!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Ouch!!!! Well it hurt me!!!!! Puppies.....ugggg.......so glad it's you and not me going through this crazy puppy stage!!!!!!

Good luck making it through to adult-hood!!!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Aaah Little Nya....tail cast and a head cone :w00t: how are you
going to do any of your magical acts. Glad to hear your not
in pain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh my gosh...poor Nya. I didn't even know tails could be injured. I was just saying to myself that I don't think anyone is going through as much insanity as I am with Kirby who will be 6 mons on the 7th but wow......Nya seems to be as fearless as he is. I pray her tail heals super quick. She looks thrilled with the collar thing on...LOL

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Awww bless that sweet baby girl. What a sweet face. I'm so sorry this happened :(, but seems she got a great checkup which is great news, and praying this does the trick for her. I tell you these little ones, what they can do. But her sweet face peaking out of that cone, just melts my heart. She looks happy and in no pain, and that's a good thing.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
You already know how sorry I am about this so now I have to say every time I look at her picture in that cone I have to smile. She is so not happy about that vet visit or the cone and you sure can tell it by the look on her face. Nya's something else! She's truly one of the cutest pups I've ever seen! Her personality makes her so special. :wub:
Lots of luck Kim!!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Oh my goodness! Poor Nya, the wild little princess! I hope that her recovery goes smoothly with that cone and the syringe cover splinter. Oh my!! How is she going to keep both those things on for so long? Kind of a cute problem, though.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
:w00t: oh my gosh:w00t: what a wild child, poor baby girl, I wonder how that happened? I guess it's just one of those crazy things. was Nissa that wild when she was a puppy? I hope Nya copes with the cone and the tail cast.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Don't worry Kim, little Nya's spunky little personality will get her through this and with her great attitude she will heal in a flash!!:thumbsup: :wub:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts