Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never even considered giving Brit'ny a puppy cut, but I WANNA CUT HER HAIR LIKE THIS:

Is that not the cutest thing EVER!

SHOULD I DO IT? I am scared, I mean she looks so cute with her hair, but this would be so easy and EQUALLY as cute! I know her stylist could do it, Tracy is a perfectionist

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will, plus it gets REALLY hot out here in TExas, she will probably love it! I wonder how it looks in the back.... all four legs have hair and no hair on body? Of course a long tail... I wonder if I email the website could they send additional pics with the baby NOT wearing the clothes so I could see.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Mee posted awhile ago a site with a bunch of TOO TOO TOO PERFECT haircuts for pups. I tried accessing it the other day, but couldn't because it's in Korean. LOL I'm sure that baby is real. I wonder what her body looks like though. Her neck looks completely shaved.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Its a cute made just for wearing shirts lol....i think it would look really cute but keep in mind Brit'ny might have some black spots on her skin you would be able to see in that cut

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Also keep in mind that with hair THAT short on her body, she'll liable to get sunburns! Especially in Texas where it will be too hot for her to want to wear clothes (and people will give you nasty looks if you have her wear clothes to protect her skin).

That puppy looks like Little C in the face. They could be twins. Just, Little C will never have a top knot like that--at least, not until she's older and less enthusiastic about rolling and SMEARING herself on everything that is soft.

And Little C wants me to mention that although you couldn't see it in the photo of her earlier, her tail is still very long long (will be hitting the floor in a couple of months).

·
Registered
76 Posts
to me it looks like a poodle cut or even a variation on the lion cut. ultimately it "will" grow back but how does that work when you cut them at different lenghths like that? Sort of like growing out our own hair? Like the fact that from her "knee" down it looks like 2-3" but the back/neck is completely shaved down so as it grows out, will it be much more prone to tangles?

It sounds like you trust your groomer so that's good but the face area looks especially precise, do you have sunscreen for her?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
That is adorable. That Malt has silky hair... and it'll take a talented groomer to do it but it just toooo cute!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by JCButterfly@Apr 6 2005, 05:57 PM
to me it looks like a poodle cut or even a variation on the lion cut.  ultimately it "will" grow back but how does that work when you cut them at different lenghths like that?  Sort of like growing out our own hair?  Like the fact that from her "knee" down it looks like 2-3" but the back/neck is completely shaved down so as it grows out, will it be much more prone to tangles?

It sounds like you trust your groomer so that's good but the face area looks especially precise, do you have sunscreen for her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49835
[/QUOTE]

I can get sunscreen for her. Britn'ny doesn't have any black/brown spots (yet), her groomer is VERY good has been doing it for years and is breed specific (she works with all breeds, but knows a lot certain toy breeds, malts included. she knows how to do the hair exactly to show standards) Im sure if I brought her this pic she could do it

I guess if I wanted it to grow back, I would just cut it all down (except for the top knot and ears) and then let it grow out at the same length

I just showed my Mom, she says I shouldn't do it, that she loves Brits hair like it is... I dunno I am so confused. I mean I know Tracy could do Brits hair JUST LIKE The pic! She would be so adorable (not that she isn't already).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I would need to see the whole body. I LOVE the face/ears. But the neck looks SO short, and the legs long...I like it all more uniform myself. But I say "go for it" if you like it. It is ONLY hair....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I gotta say I think that's one of the cutest cuts I've ever seen!
I even showed my husband, who thought the same thing (and he's not into fancy cuts). I'd go for it!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts