Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October is Breast Cancer Month.

I would like to remind you to do self exams and have a mammogram.

When breast cancer is found early, the five-year survival rate is 96%. This is good news! Over 2 million breast cancer survivors are alive in America today.

This year more than 211,000 new cases of breast cancer are expected in the United States, 1,600 men are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and 400 are predicted to die. One woman in eight who lives to age 85 will develop breast cancer during her lifetime.

Your donation helps the fight against breast cancer.

Please take the time to check out the breast cancer web site for important facts and how you can help.

http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org

Give a gift of hope......please...... Thanks

(Please copy / paste and email to your friends)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm so glad you posted this. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer in August and I really feel that better education about mammograms and self checks would have helped to diagnose her earlier and possibly save her life. The Susan G. Komen foundation is also a great place to learn more about breast cancer and offers several gifts and products where the proceeds go to research. I really hope people will take the time to educate themselves and the women they know. ^_^

Susan G. Komen Foundation Website

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Mystify for your lost, I to lost my grandmother to breast cancer and several friends. Yes the Susan G. Komen foundation web site is great.
I purchased 28 pink ribbon pins for the girls at work, every one was so proud to wear them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts