Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oliver is about 11 months old. I am at work pretty much all day, and he lounges around in the kitchen with about (no joke) 15 toys. He has food and water, of course. And also a place to go to the bathroom. A cool thing called a petapotty (www.petapotty.com) ... similar to pads, but not really.

So, here's the weird part. I come home, and usually there is poop everywhere! He smears it on the floor. It's really beginning to try my patience!! And besides the fact that it's just disgusting.

When I'm home, he goes on the petapotty no problem. But I've seen him try and eat his poop before. I'm guessing that he gets bored and starts playing with it.

Is there any way to deter this? I cannot be cleaning this stuff up for the rest of my life.... :new_Eyecrazy:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kate

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Really? smearing it? With what, his paws? Is it getting stuck maybe in his hair and hes scooting it around trying to get it off? You can solve that by clipping the hair around there. Honestly I thought I'd seen everything! I'm curious how he is doing it.

Let me just say that you might now have me beat. Phoebe eats hers and I thought that was bad! Good luck to you. I hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly don't know if it's about the space... I think he does it out of boredom. It's almost like he picks it up and throws it around the kitchen. He's not scooting, and it's not really getting in his paws.

I've seen him eat his poop before, so I know that he likes it, which I don't understand. Most of the time, he goes on the petapotty, then 30 minutes later, he'll go back over and pick the poop up and drop it on the floor, or put it in his bed.

I know it sounds crazy, but I am having a difficult time explaining it... I need a video camera in my kitchen all day...

As for the eating poop problem... is there anything I can do to alleviate that? Then maybe he won't pick it up with his mouth....

ewwww.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts