Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here is a question that I wasnt finding anywhere else.... Toys? I have bought little miss thing so many toys its not funny. She chews pieces off the rubber ones, so mommy has to throw away. She chews holes in the stuffed ones, in the garbage they go. I bought her a rope a couple days ago, but now shes pulling strings off, and Im afraid she'll swallow them. I have only one toy she hasnt destoyed, called a 'Cuz ball' from Petsmart. (You can view it on their site... just type "Cuz" into the search on their site) Anyways, she hasnt destroyed it. But, now, she doesnt want to play with it anymore. I guess its not 'fun' to her. I hid it for a couple of days while she demolished some other toys, and then gave it back to her. She liked it for, oh, ten minutes and she wanted a new one.
So, I dont know what kind of toy to get her that she cant destroy... Kong toys, Im sure are durable, but what else???

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by treasures_cherished@Jun 6 2005, 11:52 PM
So, here is a question that I wasnt finding anywhere else.... Toys? I have bought little miss thing so many toys its not funny. She chews pieces off the rubber ones, so mommy has to throw away. She chews holes in the stuffed ones, in the garbage they go. I bought her a rope a couple days ago, but now shes pulling strings off, and Im afraid she'll swallow them. I have only one toy she hasnt destoyed, called a 'Cuz ball' from Petsmart. (You can view it on their site... just type "Cuz" into the search on their site) Anyways, she hasnt destroyed it. But, now, she doesnt want to play with it anymore. I guess its not 'fun' to her. I hid it for a couple of days while she demolished some other toys, and then gave it back to her. She liked it for, oh, ten minutes and she wanted a new one.
So, I dont know what kind of toy to get her that she cant destroy... Kong toys, Im sure are durable, but what else???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69887
[/QUOTE]

Hi treasures_cherished

How old is your baby? Just a thought - maybe she just needs some things that she can destroy...? You know, like nylabones and pig ears, those type of toys. If you give her other toys, if you see her destroying them, take them from her and tell her no and shove a nylabone or the like in her mouth?? I give my baby empty toilet rolls too - something that she is free to destroy if she likes....

I don't really know, but I've always figured that if they are chewing there's a reason - she might just "need" to for a while
(teething possibly??)

*shrugs* that's the only thing I can really think of... sorry if it isn't much help

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Ruby has this toy that is rope on one side and a oblong tennis ball type thing on the other end
I don't know if that makes sense or not. The rope is nylon--she loves it. We play tug a war and she loves beating the heck out of that thing. I don't think she could destroy it. . I hope this helps....www.activek9.com. Its called a airkong..
I bought Ruby's at Petco or Petsmart.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine@Jun 7 2005, 03:16 AM
I give my baby empty toilet rolls too - something that she is free to destroy if she likes....<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69913
[/QUOTE]
This is fine as long as she doesn't try to eat the pieces. A couple dogs on here did this and had to have their stomachs pump. Lexi used to try and eat the pieces so she no longer gets them to play with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts