Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For two years, I begged my parents to let me get a little white puppy. I begged and begged, and they refused. They didn't want anymore animals, no more messes, just no puppy. Finally, after I graduated this May from college, I was able to convince my parents that right now would be the perfect time to get a puppy. I would be able to potty-train it during the summer and obedience train and take all the puppy time it needed before I got a real job and wouldn't be able to do that. So that is how I got Codi.

My parents fell in LOVE with Codi. They absolutely LOVE him. When they went on trips this summer, and called to see how things were going, they would first ask how Codi was before asking how my sister or I were doing! They asked every time if they could bring Codi with them!!! And while at work, they consistently ask if they can bring him home while I work, play with him, cuddle with (do all the fun stuff, while I'm cleaning up and feeding LOL).

Well, now that I got a job, I'll be moving out soon, and Codi will be going with me. Just at the thought if it, they get saddened... (still trying to figure out if they'll miss me, or miss Codi
) Plus, my sister is at college, and we hardly ever see her anymore. So they're feeling the "empty nest syndrome." Mom has been thinking about getting a puppy so that she could have something love her as much as Codi loves me (let me just say, she has never been a dog person, until now lol)

A little while ago I had been talking to one of our good customers and they said that their Lhaso Apso had had puppies. So they sent us some pictures, and yesterday, he brought the 3 males in. Well, to not go into too many details, my parents ended up taking two of them - one for my mom and one for my dad!!! Very very very unexpected, but I think its perfect!! After being married for 24 years, there are always problems off and on, and I think that this will bring them closer.... obedience classes together, walks, going to the park.... just perfect.

So, enough with all the words (but I think the story helps) here are the two new monsters!!! (Codi isn't too happy, they breeders said that Codi looked just like the Mom, and so for some reason, they keep thinking that Codi is their mom and it looks like trying to nurse him, and then start to hump him! Codi doesn't do anything, except for run to me, so I don't know how to make him more dominate, hopefully it'll come out somehow... )

Ok, here are the two monsters! (again)

This is Dad's dog, Hemi (Dad is a huge muscle car fan, Hemi is a type of engine, one that he actually has in his car, lol) It fits very well for this little guy is quite rambunctious

This is my Mom's dog, unnamed. She has always wanted to name a dog Bubba ever since she was told not but has not gotten the chance to. But I think that Cuda is a quite name, so when calling, Hemi! Cuda! (type of super cool old muscle car lol) We'll see what she names him....

And then here's one of them together... Sorry for all the bars, but they were in the ex pen and were actually sitting kind of still for a second.

They have so much more energy than Codi did at that age! And, they are way more adventours. Have no problem going up and down the stairs, or chasing the broom... they are quite the little monsters. It shall be very intersting!!

Ok, enough talking, time to get back to Thanksgiving prep! Have a great one everyone!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Awww! Aren't they just adorable.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, they are so cute. I'm so glad that your parents got the two of them. They will certainly add so much to their lives.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is such a nice story. That is pretty much what happened to us....my daughter got Sadie before Dental School so she could potty train, etc. I ended up getting Sassy, the littermate, and my daughter is so busy with school that I have both of them permanently. NO WAY can we seperate the two of them. My husband and I are empty nesters and these two girls, plus our older bichon, make us laugh every day.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
<span style="font-family:Book Antiqua">They are adorable. They don't shed, but if you want them in a longer coat there is as much grooming as for the Maltese. I had a golden lhasa for 12 years</span>.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone! They certainly are a handful!!! They are so much more adventurous and outgoing than Codi ever was!

So far my parents just love it! Although, it is like having two babies (which they haven't had to do in 19 years!!) so its very fun to watch them, and hear about waking up in the middle of the night to take them potty!! But boy they are entertaining! We've never had two puppies at the same time, so seeing them play together and just interact is both exciting but nerve-racking. Hemi (the white one) is very ambitious, goes after anything and everything and loves to be biting something. He will actually latch onto the exercise pen and attempt to move it! The other day, he kept running into so that it actually moved and he was able to escape!!! Like I said, very outgoing! Bubba is more mellow and cuddle-bunnie.... what Mom wanted

Codi still hasn't adjusted yet. I think its just too overwhelming for him, because they are constantly climbing on top of him or harrassing him in some way. In fact, he actually tried to jump on the chair for the first time ever ... well, at least with any success! I know eventually they will get along, it might just take a while!

Well, Codi is at the groomers right now (I miss him!) so I'm off to do some laundry (was VERY successful shopping yesterday, yay!!!) Everyone have a marvelous weekend! :D

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Awwwwwwww, they are just precious!!!! I got Ty because both my kids were grown and gone and I was feeling the "empty nest". AND BOY HAS HE FILLED THE NEST!!!! You'd think we have a baby in the house, my DH is as nutsy kookoo as I am. Just this morning we were having our Sat Morning coffe, in bed, watching the morning news with the "baby" snuggled down and DH starts talkng baby talk to him and I thought, MY GOD WE'VE BOTH LOST OUR MINDS

Your Mom & Dad will have a BALL!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts