Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohhhh

I was greeting Jack after coming home from some errands, and he was wiggly and happy and giving me kisses like always

Then I was lying on the floor and holding him on my chest (which I do sometimes) and he climbed down, still wagging like crazy, and wrapped his front paws around my arm.... and wouldn't let go...
Is this the beginning of humping??

I got up and he stopped trying to do anything like that, which is good -- I'm hoping it was because I was on the ground and it was a dominance thing or something...
What do you think? I was hoping to not get him neutered until 6 months (August 23) because he'll need to have some baby teeth taken out too.

Did your male pups do this? or do they still?
He didn't move his butt or anything, just wrapped those little forepaws around and held tight!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I guess it is hard to tell but if I had to guess I would say he was testing to see if being dominant was going to be tolerated. Like he may have been thinking, "hmmm, mom is on the floor and vulnerable so let me try the humping position without actually humping yet to see if she will let me do it."

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Gee, my friends dog started humping a stuffed animal bear at 12 weeks!!! Do girls do that also?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jul 9 2005, 10:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 9 2005, 01:03 PM
Gee, my friends dog Spanky started humping a stuffed animal bear at 12 weeks!!!  Do girls do that also?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79790
Yep, they do! Kallie does that to her favorite stuffed animal.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79799
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yea--Ruby Jean humps her favorite stuffed dog--too
We were hoping she'd outgrow it but so far nope!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jul 9 2005, 02:07 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 9 2005, 10:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
Gee, my friends dog Spanky started humping a stuffed animal bear at 12 weeks!!!  Do girls do that also?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79805
I didnt know that girls did it too! Do they still do it after they get spayed though?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79808
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yes... it likely is not related to hormones but more to dominance. Kallie doesn't do it much at all.. Maybe once in a while....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jul 9 2005, 02:13 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 9 2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 9 2005, 10:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-angel

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79805

I didnt know that girls did it too! Do they still do it after they get spayed though?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79808

Oh yes... it likely is not related to hormones but more to dominance. Kallie doesn't do it much at all.. Maybe once in a while....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79809
Oh, I hope my dog will do it a lot like little Spanky, the malt we took care of
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79811
[/B][/QUOTE]

If you like it, be sure she doesn't do it to you... that is not good.. but to a toy is fine. They seem to like to so it with a animal toys that they can get on top of easily. Catcher does it with a large pillow that used to go in his doggy bed. He will fold it in half and get on it!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
OMG!!! I meant NOT do it, its really embarrasing when they do it in front of guests...bad typo by me!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Our male dog (who is very dominant) had never humped either me or my husband. He does occasionally hump pillows so now we just hide them from him.

PS. I would get him neutered as soon as possible though (the earlier the better).

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jul 9 2005, 01:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 9 2005, 02:20 PM
OMG!!!  I meant NOT do it, its really embarrasing when they do it in front of guests...bad typo by me!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79813
That's funny!!

Mine tend to do it off to themselves in another room. They have never done it in front of anyone, except me!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79815
[/B][/QUOTE]
Wow, your lucky...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by angel@Jul 9 2005, 01:20 PM
OMG!!!  I meant NOT do it, its really embarrasing when they do it in front of guests...bad typo by me!!!

[/QUOTE]
Lexi tried this once and I made sure to tell her "NO!" as soon as I noticed and then distracted her with something else. She has never tried it again. If you don't want them to do it at all you need to make sure you correct them and distract them every time they try.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 9 2005, 02:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 9 2005, 01:20 PM

Lexi tried this once and I made sure to tell her "NO!" as soon as I noticed and then distracted her with something else. She has never tried it again. If you don't want them to do it at all you need to make sure you correct them and distract them every time they try.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79823
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks, I thought they were impossible to stop! :lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Tucker did it at 12 weeks with the toy the breeder gave him. We took the stuffed bear away, gave him a smaller one and the humping stopped.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom+Jul 10 2005, 02:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2
@Jul 9 2005, 09:39 PM
Is it strange that Ruby, who is six months old, has never tried this?  Maybe she's like "Pat" from SNL??

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80008

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80016
[/B][/QUOTE]

Funny!!!!

Catcher was slow to hump, too. He was maybe 8 or 9 months before he started doing it and it is just with a pillow that he folds in half. Neither he nor Kallie have humped people or each other..... so far!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.