Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant belive i did this, i am so freaking out right now. I have a european history DBQ almost totally done that i stuck in my folder to finish at home and turn in monday....well at some point between friday morning and right now i took it out of the folder and THREW IT AWAY
(this image really needs to show the head hitting the table harder) I have like 50 pages of notes in that folder for the same class so i must have thought i was throwing away old notes, oh man i think i am gonna be sick i cant belive i did this. I have all my documents and groupings (they were in the folder right next to where the essay shoud have been) so i guess i have to just rewrite it but i was so almost done
i should be working on it now and not posting this but i just need a minute to chill out i am really freaked right now and throwing papers all over the room looking for it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ohhh, wow. That sucks horribly! I'm sorry. You must be so frustrated right now. At least you've got the notes to reconstruct it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was just really stressed when i relized what i did, for some reason it really helped just to post that hope its alright i did. A DBQ (in case someone didnt know) is a 50min timed essay so its really not so big a deal i will be able to get it done, just the idea of starting over again was not a good one

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I was wondering what a DBQ was, but didn't think it was a good time. Of course it's alright that you posted about it. Venting is always good for the soul! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Mar 13 2005, 08:31 PM
I was wondering what a DBQ was, but didn't think it was a good time. Of course it's alright that you posted about it. Venting is always good for the soul! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42954
[/QUOTE]

This is an example of one DBQ my class did this one a few months ago

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Yikes!! My eyes just glazed over when I clicked on the example DBQ...I've had enough school work for today :new_Eyecrazy: Good luck, I've been there before...old gum wrappers everywhere, but I always manage to throw out something important
At least you still have your notes!!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Aw I'm sorry
I do stuff like that all the time and I HATE it. I totally freak out
Hope you're able to redo it by tomorrow.

BTW, do you have to take Science FCAT tomorrow? I'm definitely dreading it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521+Mar 13 2005, 05:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Carol Ann
@Mar 13 2005, 08:31 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42954
This is an example of one DBQ my class did this one a few months ago
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42956
[/B][/QUOTE]

I found that DBQ from a few months ago very interesting. This may sound strange to you right now, but I had some wishful thinking about being back in school. I loved history and lit. Enjoy it now while you can, even when it gets stressful. Off the soapbox now; I'm done blathering.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 13 2005, 09:38 PM
BTW, do you have to take Science FCAT tomorrow? I'm definitely dreading it
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42974
[/QUOTE]

I took it last week, i dont know about the one you are taking but the one i took was a joke they gave us 75min to answer 28 questions eveyone in the room finished with like 45 min to spare. There were some questions that you needed to know some science for but there were other questions that the only way you coudl have gotten them wrong is if you are lilliterate (ok so i cant even spell the word but whatever)...the answer was right in the questions

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Girl, I feel ya! When I get stressed out, I call everyone and their mama to complain HARD CORE and maybe have a cigarette until things feel more hopeful. It'll be ok. You seem smart, you'll do ok....just FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i did finish the paper a little while ago, it isnt nearly as good as the original was but i just want to have something to turn in
at least i am not all stressed anymore

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

That's great! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Man, losing the orginal really stinks! But at least you still had your notes...
Glad you got in finished! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Glad you get it all together and finished in time to hand it in!
Mann... I remember when the school days... being out of school for 2 yrs is kinda depressing.
hahaha...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Next time you will have to make a bunch of back ups. Put a back up on your computer, a floppy, a CD and a usb drive so if you throw out the hard copy you can just print a new one. That is of course if it's typed. If it's hand written then I would scan it in lol (scan one page at a time as you finish each page). Then at least you can show your teacher the printed scanned paper and tell him the story lol.
Glad you got it finished again!

Kodie, two years out of high school or two years out of college? I have been out of high school since 98 and out of college since 2001 so that's 7 years out of high school (holy crap I am getting old!) and 4 years out of college. Seems like only yesterday I was in college and the day before I was in high school! And even more sad is that if my high school found me I wouldn't show up for a reunion! I hated most of the people in my grade. I had my friends but I got along with the grade below and above me better than my own grade. I would have to shoot myself if I had to see them all again.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by FannyMay@Mar 14 2005, 10:32 AM
Next time you will have to make a bunch of back ups.  Put  a back up on your computer, a floppy, a CD and a usb drive so if you throw out the hard copy you can just print a new one.  That is of course if it's typed.  If it's hand written then I would scan it in lol (scan one page at a time as you finish each page).  Then at least you can show your teacher the printed scanned paper and tell him the story lol.
Glad you got it finished again!

Kodie, two years out of high school or two years out of college?  I have been out of high school since 98 and out of college since 2001 so that's 7 years out of high school (holy crap I am getting old!) and 4 years out of college.  Seems like only yesterday I was in college and the day before I was in high school!  And even more sad is that if my high school found me I wouldn't show up for a reunion!  I hated most of the people in my grade.  I had my friends but I got along with the grade below and above me better than my own grade.  I would have to shoot myself if I had to see them all again.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43070
[/QUOTE]

Well usually i would have had copies and had it scanned (leanred about the scanning becuase i have a teacher who misplaces our work and expects us to be carrying around extra copies at all times in case that happens) but it was written in class and by the time i was home i already tossed.

Man you guys are talking about how its weird that you have been out of school for so long, i am already i little scared about being a senior next year lol

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Your senior year will fly by so fast, you'd be amazed!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just make the best of it. Don't pass up anything you will regret later and don't do anything you will regret later lol. I didn't get as much out of my senior year as I would have liked but passed up some things that I would have regretted if I had done them. Keep your friends close because it might be the last time you get with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts