Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks, my life is going to change! LOL I'm anxious and scared. My apartment is so still a little empty. I guess I need to start getting stuff ready, huh? LOL. I am moving sometime after the 20th. UNBELIEVABLE!

I went to orientation last week. I saw only 1 person that I will be in class with. I almost had to take an English/Literature class AGAIN! I was like, "I've taken 4 ENG classes already and NONE of them is transferrable?" But after lots of whining this girl helped me and we determined that 2 of my "lower" division Lit. classes equals to there 1 "upper" division. Phew!

Another good thing is all my classes are in 1 building except for maybe 1. I have to pick on more class to be a full time student and I don't know what to do. This is my first time in afew yrs taking a full load and they told me to take something that will go towards my bachelor's like Western Civ, but I'm scared it may be too much for me. I was thinking of taking a BS class, if ya know what i mean. That may be stupid though. We'll see.

My car! It's not fixed yet! My dad had it this WHOLE summer and it's still not fixed. I am having such a hard time doing the things I need to do. Like getting a physcial and getting all my shots! And aren't the smallpox, typhoid, and polio vaccinations the shots you took when you were a baby? I don't remember.
And can someone tell me why they need a phsycial and medical records of my siblings? I can understand my parents, but why them? ARGH.

Just wanted to share with ya!

Here's my living room. I took this BEFORE I put the tables up.

Here's my kitchen

It's completely brand new. If I had to complain about anything, it's that there is too many bugs at my apt. at night. BLAH. Otherwise, Cool huh?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Good for you! The place looks very nice. Before you move in, maybe you should have an exterminator come and spray real good for the bugs.

The shot record that they are probably asking for is stuff that you should have been having all along while you were younger - dpt, polio, mmr, etc. You should only possibly need a booster for dpt and maybe your 3 series of hepatitis, if you haven't already had them. Probably a TB test too. You or your parents, or your family doctor should have maintained a shot record for you.

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering if you were ready to get started. My daughter begins dental school on Aug. 10. We've been working on her condo all spring and summer.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Nice apartment!
How fun!!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Nice apt! I can't believe it's already time! :eek: About your classes, this has nothing to do with you or your school, but Western Civ SUCKED at my school...That one class made me dread showing up in the morning. I felt the same way, like I may be overoading myself, but looking back I could have taken more 'important' classes. I was stuck in school for an extra semester (not that long, but it sucked that all my friends graduated w/o meeeee
Also I had to take classes at 3 other colleges but I still couldn't graduate on time. I don't know what I'm talking about though b/c you already have credits...
ignore me I guess
I took sooo many psych classes to fill my schedule to qualify as full time that in the end I ended up with a psych minor and I didn't even know I was doing that
So if ya need help with psych classes I'm here for you

Good luck to you girl!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Looks like a great apt! You will have to show us pics when you get it decorated! Thats always the fun part of moving I think!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Aug 1 2005, 01:30 PM
Nice apt!  I can't believe it's already time! :eek:  About your classes, this has nothing to do with you or your school, but Western Civ SUCKED at my school...That one class made me dread showing up in the morning.  I felt the same way, like I may be overoading myself, but looking back I could have taken more 'important' classes.  I was stuck in school for an extra semester (not that long, but it sucked that all my friends graduated w/o meeeee
  Also I had to take classes at 3 other colleges but I still couldn't graduate on time.  I don't know what I'm talking about though b/c you already have credits...
ignore me I guess
  I took sooo many psych classes to fill my schedule to qualify as full time that in the end I ended up with a psych minor and I didn't even know I was doing that
So if ya need help with psych classes I'm here for you

Good luck to you girl!!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86435
[/QUOTE]
Western Civ at my college was great! In fact I took a second semester of it because I liked it so much. I didn't even need the credit. LOL! I think it was the teacher though. I still remember things from the class and I took it like 4 years ago.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Your apartment look really nice. I am very excited for you!! Since I am in Nashville and have some time do you want to meet up somewhere (at a walking distance from me) at some point before the 20th?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MsMagnolia--Hey! Maybe I can work with your daugher when she gets out of school?!?!? HAHA And the bugs are all on the outside, not inside. The lights on the outside of our APT is so bright, that it attracts them. There's nothing that can be done about it. I rather have bugs and bright lights b/c it makes me feel more safe. And as far as the shots...I need Smallpox, Typhoid, Polio, Tetanus, TB, MMR, and Hepatitis. We never had "A" family doctor. So I have no clue where to go. My brother told me to call this one place that may have it. *crossing fingers*

LilPnut--I find history interesting, but memorizing every stinking detail is sooooo hard. When it comes to memorizing things, I have to repeatedly write things/phrases/paragraphs/etc down until I get it word for world. And when it comes to history, it's like having to write a textbook over and over and over again. I have a hard time getting things to sink in. I would like to take a fun class like music but it wont go towards anything so I really have to think about it. More choices=more problems! LOL

Okw--What happen to the maltese meetup LucyLou was planning? As much as I want to, I have sooooooooo much I have to do. I have to get a physical, get all my shots, get my manicure licenses, and family is coming in town soon. It will be very hectic. But you never know, I may get everything done by this week(hoping for a miracle). Let's hope we can!!!! I'd love to meet you and Miko!!!! And Traci and Brink, And Lucylou and her Herd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts