Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The discussion of "if" to breed is being discussed and this post actually went through the mods...it is in response to all of the "attacking" of another person wanting/questioning about breeding his/her male...

YES, I have read all the posts under that topic!

And, YES, I agree there's too many irresponsible and greedy backyard breeders out there. Too many dogs in the shelter etc...

What if she has found caring, responsible owners to the puppies prior to having the litter, who don't qualify to adopt from the shelters ("this dog needs fenced yard", "this dog needs adults only hiome", "this dog needs to be placed with another small dog"...) or can't afford to buy one for 2K?!

How many of you have had children to improve the human race???

There's so many orphans in the world and foster kids thrown from one home to another... There's child abuse and neglect...
Advising people not to have kids unless they have perfect sight, hair and teeth, would most likely not take care of that issue...

I KNOW, it's not the same, but...
Why attack people?!

If you think that particular person hasn't done enough research, I think you should be able to share your knowledge without a hostile undertone.

Just my 2 cents...

"How many of you have had children to improve the human race??? "

OMG WAY TO GO CRAZYDAISY! I don't know who you are but
I think I like you!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree...hey, as long as you are responsible about it...(making sure they get good homes)..what's the big deal? Not everyone is right to have a rescue/shelter dog either...it all depends on your situation.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have 2 sisters.. a cuz... that they all wants dogs for them... and We would love to breed not to sell but to keep them for us.. and i am so totally okay with going to adopt but it wasnt for us... i knew it and boy did i left crying everything i couldnt bring many of them home.. but i still send food/stuff to the shelters everytime i get pay.. i just feel people make too much of it.. i do respect their opinions.. but that won;t change my mind!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will not let sugars puppies go to just any home, but as long as they will be loved and taken care of, that is what is most important to me, I don't see anything wrong with breeding as long as you don't put money above the welfare of the puppies. I wont sell to brokers, kennels or breeders.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good for you Sugars Mom!

Thats more then most can say for the "real" breeders that they claim should be the only ones who breed Maltese.

Also where do they think most breeders got their start? DUH they had a "first time" too! LOL They weren't born knowing how to breed maltese dogs, most just started because like you, they love the breed.

They researched, purchased/adopted good reps of the Maltese breed, and began!

Some people are just sloooooow.... lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts