Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: WOW! I don't know of any doctors that would have let a pregnancy progress long enough for a baby to get that big!!! :new_Eyecrazy:
At least it was c-section!!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Wow...having delivered three babies (2 C-section, last vaginal) all I can say is holy crap!!! I don't even think my babies weighed 17 lbs. at six months. Mine were 7lbs11oz, 8lbs2oz (3.5 weeks early), and 7lbs13oz. If my son had gone to term, he would have been well over 10 lbs. I was on prednisone for my severe asthma and that's what caused him to be big and early. He had to spend the first 36 hrs. in the neonatal intensive care unit. I couldn't even go see him as I had an emergency C. My husband was with him the whole time. That was the worst feeling ever. But now he is a normal healthy and happy almost 10 year old.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 27 2005, 12:38 PM
Big, big baby
Jan. 24: A Brazilian woman has given birth to a baby weighing nearly 17 pounds.

Here is the link
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31924
[/QUOTE]

I think I remember seeing this on the morning talk show circuit and them saying that she KNEW she had this condition and it went untreated. I don't care what your situation is, but ifyou are carrying an unborn child, you come LAST and you should seek medical attention. She put not only herself at danger, but her unborn infant as well..

That being said....My babies came into this world weighing anywhere from 7lbs9oz to 8lbs 8 oz and I simply cannot imagine carrying 17lbs of baby. The most I gained was 28lbs during any of my 4 pregnancies. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Triste+Jan 27 2005, 03:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Jan 27 2005, 12:38 PM
Big, big baby

Here is the link
I think I remember seeing this on the morning talk show circuit and them saying that she KNEW she had this condition and it went untreated. I don't care what your situation is, but ifyou are carrying an unborn child, you come LAST and you should seek medical attention. She put not only herself at danger, but her unborn infant as well..

That being said....My babies came into this world weighing anywhere from 7lbs9oz to 8lbs 8 oz and I simply cannot imagine carrying 17lbs of baby. The most I gained was 28lbs during any of my 4 pregnancies. :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31943
[/B][/QUOTE]

OUCH!!! IS RIGHT!! I know that no matter the size of a baby... they all hurt. With that said, my one daughter came out weighing 11 pounds 9 oz! Then I gave birth to twin girls each weighing a little over 7 pounds! And no... I am not a HUGE woman, just liked my chocolate while I was pregnant! Ha-ha. My late husband , who's birthday happens to be today (he died on Sept. 11th, 2001 World Trade Cntr) used to take stock in Godiva for me!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
[/QUOTE]

My late husband , who's birthday happens to be today (he died on Sept. 11th, 2001 World Trade Cntr) used to take stock in Godiva for me!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31948
[/QUOTE]

So sorry...
! Many prayers to you and your children! Thanks for sharing that with us...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Francine@Jan 27 2005, 02:19 PM
OUCH!!! IS RIGHT!!  I know that no matter the size of a baby... they all hurt.  With that said, my one daughter came out weighing 11 pounds 9 oz!  Then I gave birth to twin girls each weighing a little over 7 pounds!    And no... I am not a HUGE woman, just liked my chocolate while I was pregnant!  Ha-ha.    My late husband , who's birthday happens to be today (he died on Sept. 11th, 2001 World Trade Cntr)  used to take stock in Godiva for me!!!!   

[/QUOTE]

Awwww! Many XOXO's to you from ButterCloud and Noriko.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Francine+Jan 27 2005, 03:19 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2005, 03:10 PM
Big, big baby

Here is the link

[/QUOTE]

OUCH!!! IS RIGHT!! I know that no matter the size of a baby... they all hurt. With that said, my one daughter came out weighing 11 pounds 9 oz! Then I gave birth to twin girls each weighing a little over 7 pounds! And no... I am not a HUGE woman, just liked my chocolate while I was pregnant! Ha-ha. My late husband , who's birthday happens to be today (he died on Sept. 11th, 2001 World Trade Cntr) used to take stock in Godiva for me!!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]
oh i am so sorry for your loss of your husband i live in new york too and 9 /11 was so devasteing are you ok?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Jan 27 2005, 06:09 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2005, 03:19 PM
Big, big baby

Here is the link

oh i am so sorry for your loss of your husband i live in new york too and 9 /11 was so devasteing are you ok?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31975
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh Yes, I am ok...NOW! It took me a long time to accept that he was gone from our lives so quickly. I had just given birth prior to the attacks so knowing that he got to meet his twin daughters before he died, helped A LITTLE to go on.
The Good news... is I am the one looking for help in picking out a wedding song! You may have seen my other topic posted! I am going to be getting remarried soon. Life does go on... may not be the same as before... but happiness can come to a person more than once. Thank you for your concern. I love this WEBSITE!!!!!! I just wish I could post pictures of my 3 maltese!!!!!!! :new_Eyecrazy: \

GOD BLESS!!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Francine+Jan 27 2005, 03:19 PM-->
Big, big baby

Here is the link

[/QUOTE]

[/B][/QUOTE]

Francine, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Wow, you are a trooper...almost 12 lbs? When I was pregnant, I too liked my chocolate. I gained 45lbs., 28lbs., and 52 lbs. While I was pregnant with my second child, I was on prednisone...he was the biggest, but I gained the least. It's my girls that did me in! I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but it did take some time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Jan 27 2005, 06:40 PM-->
Big, big baby

Here is the link

Francine, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Wow, you are a trooper...almost 12 lbs? When I was pregnant, I too liked my chocolate. I gained 45lbs., 28lbs., and 52 lbs. While I was pregnant with my second child, I was on prednisone...he was the biggest, but I gained the least. It's my girls that did me in! I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but it did take some time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31981
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks! You are a trooper Toooooooooo!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Francine+Jan 27 2005, 06:31 PM-->
Originally posted by Denise&[email protected] 27 2005, 06:09 PM
Big, big baby

Here is the link

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31975
[/QUOTE]

Oh Yes, I am ok...NOW! It took me a long time to accept that he was gone from our lives so quickly. I had just given birth prior to the attacks so knowing that he got to meet his twin daughters before he died, helped A LITTLE to go on.
The Good news... is I am the one looking for help in picking out a wedding song! You may have seen my other topic posted! I am going to be getting remarried soon. Life does go on... may not be the same as before... but happiness can come to a person more than once. Thank you for your concern. I love this WEBSITE!!!!!! I just wish I could post pictures of my 3 maltese!!!!!!! :new_Eyecrazy: \

GOD BLESS!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31978
[/B][/QUOTE]

Much happiness in your marriage and in life :D It is not easy to triumph over tradgedy. I am glad you found happiness again. Try not to have a 17 lb baby some crazy woman in Brazil did, I would have had the c section or induced labor a lot sooner, the Dr. always has an approximate weight of a baby prior to birth.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
My husband was almost 13-½ lbs when he was born and I thought THIS was big. Wow 17 lbs is huge. A veterinary delivered him since there was no doctor in the village during World War II. The gynecologist in the closest town told her she is going to have twins. And the veterinary told her she has to stop eating or her baby cannot be born. My mother in law said he worked on her like on a cow to get him out. No c-section here. He was delivered vaginaly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts