Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY GOSH:smstarz: MATILDA HAS LOST HER BALL:w00t: DH AND I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE IN THE HOUSE:OMG!: HOW CAN YOU LOSE A BALL IN A HOUSE??????:confused1: SHE'S GOING:wacko1: I'M ABOUT READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT:smpullhair: WHERE CAN THAT STUPID BALL BE:smilie_tischkante:
IF I MEAN WHEN I FIND IT, I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHERE I FIND IT:smtease:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Oh no! :( I hope you find it soon so she doesn't go completely insane! lol She probably feels like part of her is missing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh bummer! I HATE when that happens. I don't know if she goes up on the couch but have you checked under the cushions? And in the crack/space under the cushions like between the back part of the couch frame and the seat part of the frame?

My two bigger dogs, Riley & Bob, lose theirs all the time. And the thing is...they have about 5-8 at any given time...and ALL of them go missing it. But almost always, they roll waaaaaaaaay back under the couch into the deepest shadows. When I find them and fish them out I send them rolling and they get SO excited.

It takes them about 2 days to lose them all again. =P

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Oh, no!!!

Could it be under a chair or under another piece of furniture? Could it be hidden between cushions on a sofa or a chair?

I'm sure it is someplace in your home. I wish I was there to help you find Matilda's ball.

Don't worry, Matilda, sweetie. Mommy will find your ball.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh Puala not "THE BALL", you have to move all
your furniture and find it. How can she wear her dress
without the ball:HistericalSmiley:.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matilda just found her ball:cheer: I have never searched a house like I did this one:smstarz: she just wouldn't leave us alone, she would go to her toy box and take all her toys and balls out then she would wimper,:unsure: I am so tired of that ball:huh: but she loves it so, I just can't take it away from her:bysmilie: it's kinda like a baby with a pacifer.
Ok guess where Miss Smarty pants found her ball....
Apparently the ball was on our bed from last night (she has to sleep with it:w00t:) she always puts it in her mouth in the morning when she wants down, she must have forgotten it, so when I was making the bed, I took the down comforter off and it must have rolled under our bed and got lodged between the table leafs I have stored under my bed. Why we never saw it, I have know idea, she was under the bed a few times looking for her ball, how did she miss it.:mellow: I have to find a few more balls like her leopard ones. If any of you see them when your shopping please let me know, I can't go through this again, it was terrible. She has many balls but will only carry that one around, what a spoiled brat I have

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:w00t::blink::w00t::blink::w00t::blink::w00t::blink: Don't we love our dogs!!! I will be searching for that kind of ball.. who knows you may end up with a basket full for her.:chili:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
:cheer: Yay!!! Matilda has her ball back!!! :cheer:

I think that is so dear how she took all of her toys out of her toy box in an effort to find her ball! :wub:

Snowball was attached to a little blue squeeker fish for the first couple of years. Although it was supposed to be indestructible ... he eventually managed to bite off it's tail! So, I had to take it away. I bought three more fish just like his blue fishy ... and gave him a new one right before I took the old one away. He wanted nothing to do with the new one!

Paula, do you know where Matilda's ball was puchased?

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
:w00t::blink::w00t::blink::w00t::blink::w00t::blink: Don't we love our dogs!!! I will be searching for that kind of ball.. who knows you may end up with a basket full for her.:chili:
Paula, you might want to forewarn your postperson that a mountain full of balls might be arriving soon! If any of us find them, tell him that your Spoiled Maltese friends sent them and he'll probably look at you like Lynn's postman did. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
What a relief that Matilda found it. :smheat: Maybe she can find all the things that my DH has "misplaced" in our apt. :thumbsup: Do you know if it was a Booda ball? I googled "Leopard dog ball" and it came up with a lot of hits showing the Booda balls and a lot of place that carry them. You do have to watch out to see if she'll go for a new one. Probably rub an old ball all over the new ones and put them away in case of emergency.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
She received the ball from a friend on sm, I have this picture of her when the ball was new, I remember there were two, but I gave one away to Divit:w00t: and last time I was over at his house I didn't see it:blush: Matilda has had that ball since 2008:w00t: but I can't remember for the life of me who sent it to her. I must be having a senior moment:brownbag::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
106 Posts
So glad she found it! If Max looses his rainbow bar bell squeak I am in deep stuff as I can't find another one anyplace

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad that Matilda found her ball. :)

Years ago I had a show dog (Lhasa) named Ch Lynnlaine's Jackpot (aka Jackie). Jackie had a red lobster toy that she always had in her mouth -- like Matilda and her ball. Jackie was with her handler in Texas and I got a frantic call in the middle of the night. I really thought something terrible had happened to Jackie -- but, the fact was, another fluff had "eaten" the lobster after it was washed. My handler was beside herself because Jackie was frantic about her missing lobster. I had to quickly call the store and have about 6 of the lobsters sent to Jackie just in case it happened again. And they had to be red -- she wouldn't play with any other color.

After she finished her championship and came home and I picked her up at the airport, she was sitting in her crate when DH came home. He hadn't seen Jackie in about 8 months and she had really changed a lot, imho. So I said -- you'll never guess who that it, pointing to Jackie in the crate. He immediately said "it's Jackie". I said "how did you know?" and he relied -- "SHE HAS THAT TOY IN HER MOUTH!!!"

Yes, Matilda, I completely understand how special THAT ball is!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts