Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from picking up my boys from school. I keep Zani in my "safe" bedroom. Little did I know my son left his bubble gum in my room. When I got home to see my cute little Zani...... OH NO!!! What is that all over his face? Chewy, sticky bubble gum! Before I start cutting, does anyone have any advice??

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Peanut butter is the best for this!!!! Low fat will work, but regular is better...I think it is the oil in it that breaks down the gum and makes it come out! Good Luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peanut butter worked liked magic. Thank you all so much for the advice. I never would have thought to use peanut butter. Now I must go and wash the peanut butter out. What a day!!! Ha Ha

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Catherine@May 24 2005, 07:50 PM
Peanut butter worked liked magic.  Thank you all so much for the advice.  I never would have thought to use peanut butter.  Now I must go and wash the peanut butter out.  What a day!!!  Ha Ha
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64961
[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@May 25 2005, 08:00 AM
I had gum in my hair all the time growing up (I dont know why...just have the memories of peanut butter)!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65028
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, both my kids have gotten gum in their hair repeatedly. Both have fallen asleep with it in their mouths AT LEAST once.
I know one time it was on a long car trip...ugh. That was awful. We stopped at three gas stations before we found peanut butter and then had to wash part of her hair out in the sink. (Oh the joys of parenthood! :D )

My daughter got gum in the carpet the other day and she said..."I guess we'll have to get the peanut butter out!"
I used ice on that one!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my sister took care of me when iwas growing up....so she didnt know the "tricks" of getting gum out of my hair---she'd just cut it out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.