Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have to admit that I posted the "romantic" post to secretly obtain ideas to surprise my wife.

However, I have come to find that I am a hopeless romantic!!!!!!

I will clean house, fix meals, send flowers for no reason (then I get the third degree from my wife and people she works with.... like, what have you done now, etc), I'll even meet my wife at the door in suran wrap
J/K J/K She'd file for divorce if I stooped that low.

Here's probably the best thing that I have been able to do...................

I take my wife out every week AT LEAST on two occassions..... one with the kids, and one without the children.

For our anniversary 2 yrs ago, I called and spoke with the mgr. at Red Lobster in Louisville, KY. I told him that I was planning on bringing my wife there for dinner that night. Of course they didn't have candles, so I was able to pursuade him to going and buying 2 candles (2 yr anniversary), then I'd pay him back for the candles. I had a dozen roses delivered to the Red Lobster, and told the mgr that I wanted a corner table, light out with the exception of the burning candle. So, when we arrived, (and this was planned by me), I told the waitress at the greeting table that we are here to celebrate our anniversary, and would like to have a private corner if at all possible. What my wife didn't know was that it was already set. Well, the waitress says that she'll have to see if there is a corner table available. At this point is when they go and take the bulb out of the chandelier and light the candle. A few minutes later they return and say that they had to prepare the table, but one is waiting for us now. We got there, and my wife found the candles, roses, and a bottle of the best champaigne that they had there.

They even gave us a free piece of cake for our anniversary. Wasn't that nice!!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Jun 15 2005, 10:36 AM
OK, I have to admit that I posted the "romantic" post to secretly obtain ideas to surprise my wife. 

However, I have come to find that I am a hopeless romantic!!!!!!

I will clean house, fix meals, send flowers for no reason (then I get the third degree from my wife and people she works with.... like, what have you done now, etc), I'll even meet my wife at the door in suran wrap 
J/K J/K  She'd file for divorce if I stooped that low.

Here's probably the best thing that I have been able to do...................

I take my wife out every week AT LEAST on two occassions..... one with the kids, and one without the children.

For our anniversary 2 yrs ago, I called and spoke with the mgr. at Red Lobster in Louisville, KY.  I told him that I was planning on bringing my wife there for dinner that night.  Of course they didn't have candles, so I was able to pursuade him to going and buying 2 candles (2 yr anniversary), then I'd pay him back for the candles.  I had a dozen roses delivered to the Red Lobster, and told the mgr that I wanted a corner table, light out with the exception of the burning candle.  So, when we arrived, (and this was planned by me), I told the waitress at the greeting table that we are here to celebrate our anniversary, and would like to have a private corner if at all possible.  What my wife didn't know was that it was already set.  Well, the waitress says that she'll have to see if there is a corner table available.  At this point is when they go and take the bulb out of the chandelier and light the candle.  A few minutes later they return and say that they had to prepare the table, but one is waiting for us now.  We got there, and my wife found the candles, roses, and a bottle of the best champaigne that they had there.

They even gave us a free piece of cake for our anniversary.  Wasn't that nice!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72794
[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwwwww you sure outdid yourself with that one

I would have loved the ceram wrap one too
and if she got a shock you could have just said " I was told this is a good way to have a sauna when you are not having a sauna"

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Do you give romance lessons?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Jun 15 2005, 10:36 AM
For our anniversary 2 yrs ago, I called and spoke with the mgr. at Red Lobster in Louisville, KY.  I told him that I was planning on bringing my wife there for dinner that night.  Of course they didn't have candles, so I was able to pursuade him to going and buying 2 candles (2 yr anniversary), then I'd pay him back for the candles.  I had a dozen roses delivered to the Red Lobster, and told the mgr that I wanted a corner table, light out with the exception of the burning candle.  So, when we arrived, (and this was planned by me), I told the waitress at the greeting table that we are here to celebrate our anniversary, and would like to have a private corner if at all possible.  What my wife didn't know was that it was already set.  Well, the waitress says that she'll have to see if there is a corner table available.  At this point is when they go and take the bulb out of the chandelier and light the candle.  A few minutes later they return and say that they had to prepare the table, but one is waiting for us now.  We got there, and my wife found the candles, roses, and a bottle of the best champaigne that they had there.

They even gave us a free piece of cake for our anniversary.  Wasn't that nice!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72794
[/QUOTE]

Wow what a lovely evening you planned... your wife is very lucky to have you!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow! And....Wow! You know that really didn't take a lot of time or trouble but what an impact. You/ve got the sexy where it counts.....in the brain!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Awwwwwwwww that is so sweet, it goes to show that is doesn't matter where you go as long as you are together

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 16 2005, 07:33 PM
This is a cute story that I thought I'd share it happened a few years back... I will preface it with the fact that one part of our business is dealing with people with an intellectual disability.  This couple is from this group.

John wanted to take out his new found friend a girl for a pre christmas dinner 

He booked a table at MacDonalds 
arranged with the manager to supply non alcoholic wine  -_- and the manager went so far as to put a cloth and a candle on the table 
  Well John was so proud of himself and even had a cute little gift all wrapped with a card he made ready to give the girl 

They met at a pre arranged time and rode their bikes together to Macdonalds
  The manager even waited on them himself. 

Of course when they related this story about going out for dinner I thought they must have gone to a restaurant but no Macdonalds is their favourite restaurant so thats where he took her.  :D

Just thought I would share their story as it was so cute. 

Oh just thought I would add the couple are in their late thirties.... age wise 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73216
[/QUOTE]

that makes me sad/happy at the same time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts