Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have to vent here for a minute...all politics aside, is anyone else distrubed by the fact that all the major oil companies are reporting substantially higher thrid quarter profits? ExxonMobile reported a profit of almost $10 billion, BILLION!!! dollars while we were all paying $3 or $4 or more per gallon of gas. To me, this is criminal and the oil companies should be found guilty of price fixing, gouging or whatever you want to call it. And what does our government do? Absolutely nothing...I guess the justice department was too busy going after Martha Stewart to notice. I have a real problem when oil companies artifically raise and lower the prices they charge consumers in an attempt to manipulate the market and increase their profits by more than 75%. This is not just isolated to Exxon Mobile either. "We are capturing the benefits of high oil and gas prices and refining margins," Shell Chief Financial Officer Peter Voser said, referring to the profit margin on each barrel of crude that is refined into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel. Translated to mean, we are making an absurdly large profit because it doesn't cost us that much to refine the stuff, and we can jack up the prices at the pump and people will pay it because they have no other choice.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You're absolutely right. tI believe hose shiesters should have been regulated by our government. They should never have been alowed to jack those prices up so high. It's a travesty

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
.....and in the meantime, the cost of EVERYTHING else goes up cents/dollars to make up for the increased fuel prices for deliveries... -_-

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The federal government is run by oilmen! They aren't going to do a thing about it. Can you even fathom how much of that 10 billion dollar profit is lining their pockets? :new_Eyecrazy: It's disgusting.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Maybe now that they (oil companies) have produced record breaking profits, they can build more refineries. But of course they won't. It's pathetic and disgusting and one of those morons in Washington better do something about it right now.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I saw the article in this mornings paper. I was very
I think it is awful that they price gouge the american people.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What I think is ridiculous is that yesterday the gas at our corner dropped to $2.49 and I breathed a sigh of relief and called my husband to tell him the good news! :eek: A few months ago I was almost in TEARS when it went UP to $2.49!
(Now it is down to $2.34!
)

Anyway, I was telling hubby last night, that after awhile, 2.00 a gallon will look good to us, and we will be used to paying it and it will NEVER go back down!!!! That makes me SO mad that they can condition us to accept a price that high!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 29 2005, 09:29 AM
What I think is ridiculous is that yesterday the gas at our corner dropped to $2.49 and I breathed a sigh of relief and called my husband to tell him the good news! :eek: A few months ago I was almost in TEARS when it went UP to $2.49!
(Now it is down to $2.34!
)

Anyway, I was telling hubby last night, that after awhile, 2.00 a gallon will look good to us, and we will be used to paying it and it will NEVER go back down!!!! That makes me SO mad that they can condition us to accept a price that high!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114538
[/QUOTE]
In Des Moines, IA I just paid $1.99 last night for gas!!!!

Funny a few years ago I would have been shocked to pay that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts