Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to question if my maxi has a behavior problem so i would like to hear if any of your babies do the same types of things

Maxi all of a sudden goes luny out of no where he will be laying nicely and than say the phone rings or i get up to get something ( this is bedtime) he gets off the bed goes into the livingroom and heads back as if he became demon Maxi
last night my phones rings and we both sleeping he gets up goes to the lving room
after i hang up i go to see what he is doing and he acts startled like i caught him doing something he starts chasing my feet
and running around like a luny bird i calm him down he jumps on the bed starts licking my sheets which he tries to do alot and i get annoyed he starts making his gremlin noises
and tries biting i than pick him up and calm him down and than he goes back to sleep i mean he does this alot it comes out of no where
he goes from being a loving little furbaby to a demon from H*ll

anyone have advice

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Dec 8 2004, 09:09 AM
Im starting to question if my maxi has a behavior problem so i would like to hear if any of your babies do the same types of things

Maxi all of a sudden goes luny out of no where he will be laying nicely and than say the phone rings or i get up to get something ( this is bedtime) he gets off the bed goes into the livingroom and heads back as if he became demon Maxi
last night my phones rings and we both sleeping he gets up goes to the lving room
after i hang up i go to see what he is doing and he acts startled like i caught him doing something he starts chasing my feet 
  and running around like a luny bird i calm him down he jumps on the bed starts licking my sheets which he tries to do alot and i get annoyed he  starts making his gremlin noises
and tries biting i than pick him up and calm him down and than he goes back to sleep i mean he does this alot it comes out of no where
he goes from being a loving little furbaby to a demon from H*ll 

anyone have advice
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21245
[/QUOTE]

He is just trying to play with you... he is happy and is showing it....

·
Registered
178 Posts
You just describe Snowy's behavior, he started doing that for the last couple of wks,
And yes we were wondering if is an "Alpha" issue or he just wants to play. But yes definetely they are so cute.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Dec 8 2004, 11:41 AM
lol im laughing because no matter what they do we all find good
i mean i certainly hope maxi is playing i adore and love him and would hate to think he is mad at me

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21273
[/QUOTE]

I promise you... he is not mad at you.....Dogs don't get mad at us.... He is full of himself and feisty....... Enjoy it..... they often quit doing this as they get older....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
As Kallie and Cathcer's Mom said, dogs don't have emotions like humans do and don't "get mad". Their emotions are linked to their survival instinct. They will show what we might call anger in the form of aggression if another dog tries to take their "prey" (food). As long as Maxi isn't being territorial about the bed ( a friend's husband was bitten in the face by their Maltese when he accidently rolled into "her" space in the bed), I'm sure he's just being a goofy puppy!

This is a really good article on dog v. human emotions.

Is a Dog Human?
by David the Dogman

Trying to treat a dog like a human is called "Anthropomorphism" the dictionary states that this means "Attributing human characteristics to things that are not human" . Your pet is not a small hairy person, he is of another species known as a "Canine."

Humans are capable of complex emotions like love, sadness, despair, jealousy, sympathy, hatred and loyalty. A dogs emotional state is more reactive, instinct driven and survival orientated. Instinct is something which is either there or not there, and it covers survival, maternal, hunting, guarding, pack, and self preservation.

Dogs are living in the present, they react to the immediate smell, sound, and movement. Dogs experience aggression mostly from their "Owners" who do not understand that the dog does not understand what they are talking about. Most weeks I have a client informing me that their dog is only able to understand , Spanish, French, Swedish and the other day I was well informed that a dog could only understand Japanese !

Logic is alien to humans, all animals have an ability to communicate with each other . I am able to communicate with a dog, since I am able to think like a dog, thats why I am called "The Dogman !

Dogs are unable to reason and when they lay on the floor are not capable of thinking "I wonder what mum is making for dinner", the dog will react only to a sound, smell, and to the immediate situation.

Many owners of pets will punish their pet after an event just like a child. This is non productive, and is called "Anthropomorphism." Try asking a dog what one and one equals ? or simply deduct one from two, I bet he cant work it out!

The biggest problem that most owners encounter is "He wont come back" I wonder why ? after all the little fellow followed the owner everywhere when he was a puppy. Is it because he was treated like a child and punished for not coming back, or indeed punished when he did come back..? Owners will shout and shout, little wonder the little fellow does not want to know.

Our pets are able to read and react to our posture, a prime example only the other day I had one of those looks from my wife and asked her what was the matter ? "Nothing" she said and marched away in a "bottom up style, "to me that body posture meant everything was the matter !

Most owners are apt to forget that dogs are dogs and cannot expect them to behave in a human way, this must distorts the dogs true natural behaviour. Only the other day a lady attending one of my social classes arrived carrying her dog, I asked if the dog was ill, to be informed "My dog does not like to walk on stony roads."

Our pets are still wolves in disguise, and still ninety five percent wolf, they will roll in mud, eat faeces, but have many qualities that humans could learn from. They will always greet you well, not answer you back, ask for nothing, and if you do not feed them they will still love you.

Commitment, Firmness, but kindness.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by LadysMom@Dec 8 2004, 01:59 PM
As Kallie and Cathcer's Mom said, dogs don't have emotions like humans do and don't "get mad". Their emotions are linked to their survival instinct. They will show what we might call anger in the form of aggression if another dog tries to take their "prey" (food). As long as Maxi isn't being territorial about the bed ( a friend's husband was bitten in the face by their Maltese when he accidently rolled into "her" space in the bed), I'm sure he's just being a goofy puppy!

This is a really good article on dog v. human emotions.

Is a Dog Human?
by David the Dogman

Trying to treat a dog like a human is called "Anthropomorphism" the dictionary states that this means "Attributing human characteristics to things that are not human" . Your pet is not a small hairy person, he is of another species known as a "Canine."

Humans are capable of complex emotions like love, sadness, despair, jealousy, sympathy, hatred and loyalty. A dogs emotional state is more reactive, instinct driven and survival orientated. Instinct is something which is either there or not there, and it covers survival, maternal, hunting, guarding, pack, and self preservation.

Dogs are living in the present, they react to the immediate smell, sound, and movement. Dogs experience aggression mostly from their "Owners" who do not understand that the dog does not understand what they are talking about. Most weeks I have a client informing me that their dog is only able to understand , Spanish, French, Swedish and the other day I was well informed that a dog could only understand Japanese !

Logic is alien to humans, all animals have an ability to communicate with each other . I am able to communicate with a dog, since I am able to think like a dog, thats why I am called "The Dogman !

Dogs are unable to reason and when they lay on the floor are not capable of thinking "I wonder what mum is making for dinner", the dog will react only to a sound, smell, and to the immediate situation.

Many owners of pets will punish their pet after an event just like a child. This is non productive, and is called "Anthropomorphism." Try asking a dog what one and one equals ? or simply deduct one from two, I bet he cant work it out!

The biggest problem that most owners encounter is "He wont come back" I wonder why ? after all the little fellow followed the owner everywhere when he was a puppy. Is it because he was treated like a child and punished for not coming back, or indeed punished when he did come back..? Owners will shout and shout, little wonder the little fellow does not want to know.

Our pets are able to read and react to our posture, a prime example only the other day I had one of those looks from my wife and asked her what was the matter ? "Nothing" she said and marched away in a "bottom up style, "to me that body posture meant everything was the matter !

Most owners are apt to forget that dogs are dogs and cannot expect them to behave in a human way, this must distorts the dogs true natural behaviour. Only the other day a lady attending one of my social classes arrived carrying her dog, I asked if the dog was ill, to be informed "My dog does not like to walk on stony roads."

Our pets are still wolves in disguise, and still ninety five percent wolf, they will roll in mud, eat faeces, but have many qualities that humans could learn from. They will always greet you well, not answer you back, ask for nothing, and if you do not feed them they will still love you.

Commitment, Firmness, but kindness.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21319
[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed that thank you
i do believe i think sometimes maxi is human i have to remember he isnt

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Dec 8 2004, 09:09 AM
than say the phone rings <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21245
[/QUOTE]

since u mentioned about the telephone

i just wanted to tell u how jongee reacts when the phone rings

she jumps with glee when the phone rings coz i usually run to my room when it rings, and she likes it when i run, and she runs in front of me and jumps around the phone, i then close my room door and pick up the phone, start talking onthe phone, jongee sits or lays next to me and waits until i hungup

i found out that jongee knows the word "byeeee" i say right before i hangup, coz right after i say "byeeee" she gets up runs to the door and wants to go out and play

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sounds like play to me...Sylphide is a maniac sometimes, she loves to ambush us...especially poor Ozzy when he goes up and down the stairs.

She has always been super hyper in play, and reserves her "bestest meanie growl" for pants leg attacks

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 9 2004, 12:22 AM
Sounds like play to me...Sylphide is a maniac sometimes, she loves to ambush us...especially poor Ozzy when he goes up and down the stairs.

She has always been super hyper in play, and reserves her "bestest meanie growl" for pants leg attacks 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21543
[/QUOTE]

She is a real looker your baby , Maxi has alot of hyper moments i think things will be different once i am home more i am leaving my job dec 30th and wont have to commute anymore to nyc, i will take maxi to work with me starting jan and i think he will be much happier he loves to know i am around he follows me all over the place so i think this will be good for him and i can feel less guilt. I was thinking about keeping his dog walker a few times a week so he can see her

last night i went to the gym with my friend and she leaves her toy poodle at my house so they can play when she tells diggy that he is going to see maxi she clicks her nextel on and lets me listen he starts to make these crying of happiness noises that is unbelivable unless you hear it for yourself her baby is so smart
my boyfriend doesnt believe me but last night i was on the phone with him when she nexteled me and he couldnt believe what he was hearing
so these babies know ...anyway maxi gets so excited when diggy comes he becomes wild man maxi runs around like a luny bird and atleast they play while we go to the gym

1 - 13 of 13 Posts