Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dinner some night here! :w00t: (Wow, what a prize, are you still upright?)

You're right - I'll play with the setting - but black and pink will fit perfectly into the mode - - -

Thanks everyone!

If I could "edit" my first post, to add this picture, that would be great - but, I guess that's no longer an option. Too bad, because "updates" are/were great!

Allie

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Allie, you are too much! LMAO while still driving!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Well now that I see your other post about changing things up tomorrow that must mean that Mary is coming for tea when the weather gets springier:) Or as in the jewish tradition, that could be Elijah's place setting. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I really do love the pink, green and black combination. In fact I love it so much I'm making a quilt out of those colors. It's been a fun quilt to do. Because of the way the fabric is cut and then re-pieced every square is unique. If I ever get it done it will fit a queen size bed. Here's a picture of the fabric before cutting and a few of the finished squares after re-piecing. The squares will have a thin picture frame border in burgundy and the sashing between squares in a pale green print. Then on to window treatments ... roman shades in the pale green fabric and valances in the black floral print. The quilt squares, all 96 of them, are done. Will I ever get the rest done??? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm into process more than progress. See ... I really do love pink, green and black. :thumbsup:

Here's the fabric before cutting ...

And the squares after piecing ...

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mary,

You are a kindred spirit - you are, indeed.

I have always said - it’s never the destination, always the journey - I lived by that philosophy for most of my life - (It came effortlessly to me, until I lost my beloved fluff, Nicholas - he was my entire world. Oh, how I loved him. - - - I’m conditioning myself to get back into that mind set, as it is very healthy. Life is so much more enjoyable, when you love what you’re doing . . .

Your quilt - shame on you, for being so talented! Those colors are amazing - just *perfect* -

I do hope that we can meet someday - it’ll be like I’ve known you forever.

Plus - all of the china that I have - that is marked with an artist name - and the word "Boston" accompanies the name - it’s all your’s (if you’ll accept it) - after all, you’re from Boston - so it’s a *perfect* match.

Allie

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I really do love the pink, green and black combination. In fact I love it so much I'm making a quilt out of those colors. It's been a fun quilt to do. Because of the way the fabric is cut and then re-pieced every square is unique. If I ever get it done it will fit a queen size bed. Here's a picture of the fabric before cutting and a few of the finished squares after re-piecing. The squares will have a thin picture frame border in burgundy and the sashing between squares in a pale green print. Then on to window treatments ... roman shades in the pale green fabric and valances in the black floral print. The quilt squares, all 96 of them, are done. Will I ever get the rest done??? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm into process more than progress. See ... I really do love pink, green and black. :thumbsup:

Here's the fabric before cutting ...

And the squares after piecing ...

Dang Mary, when do you have the time???? I think I need to come and follow you around for a few weeks to figure out what I'm doing wrong. :blush:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Dang Mary, when do you have the time???? I think I need to come and follow you around for a few weeks to figure out what I'm doing wrong. :blush:
I think I do some sleepwalking ... and sleepsewing ... and sometimes even some sleepworking! :w00t:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Allie, the new editing window is 1 hour. :(

Mary, the quilt will be lovely, love the florals - finish it so we can see it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I think I do some sleepwalking ... and sleepsewing ... and sometimes even some sleepworking! :w00t:
You take multi-tasking to a whole new level Mary. I love the fabric for the quilt and can't believe the different looks you are getting for the squares. Really a work of art. Don't forget sleepreading.B) BTW you mentioned possibly coming to NJ -- you are going to let me know when and where, right? Have car, will travel:)

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well now that I see your other post about changing things up tomorrow that must mean that Mary is coming for tea when the weather gets springier:) Or as in the jewish tradition, that could be Elijah's place setting. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
(Laughing) that's was good Sue!

I'm going to rent a house on the beach next summer - and it's BYOF! A three day weekend getway - for fluffs and the gals!

I'll be sending the date via PM - I hope that you'll hold the date!

Allie

·
Registered
11,074 Posts

I'm going to rent a house on the beach next summer - and it's BYOF! A three day weekend getway - for fluffs and the gals!

Allie
I think this sounds like soooo much fun!! I really hope it's something I can do this summer. I have been wanting to hit one of Pat's SM get togethers but so far I've not been able to attend.

What a fabulous idea!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts

Allie
Allie - that would be so wonderful. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed. My gosh those would be some late nights gabbing away. The fluffs would probably take themselves to another room to get away from the laughter.:HistericalSmiley:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts