Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in awhile...(now I remember why...)

She just BOUGHT a Shmaltypoose. For those of you who haven't a clue....

Schnauzer, maltese, poodle, and peke. She paid 750.00.

Here's a quote "They're a really great breed"

I had to get off the phone immediately.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Good heavens! Reminds me of the old expression about a fool and his money being easily parted!

What did she think the advantages of a Shmaltypoose were over just picking one of the breeds? Or couldn't she decide which breed she wanted?

This could be a pretty odd looking dog IMO! For those of you who are older, remember the Mixies card games where you put odd body parts from different animals together?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, apparently her little bundle is grey and white with somewhat wirey hair....

I will have to call her back when the shock wears off and ask for a picture.

All puppies are precious-but come on. There's probably a lovely German/romanian Golden Schnoodledane looking for a home at a pound near her.....

I was just speechless...can you imagine what that pup will look like as an adult?

I'm thinking, grey and white curly wirey hair/with patches of long flowing maltese hair, with a beard....and a very high pitched Yip. And bulging eyes....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Aug 29 2005, 11:46 AM
Well, apparently her little bundle is grey and white with somewhat wirey hair....

All puppies are precious-but come on. There's probably a lovely German/romanian Golden Schnoodledane looking for a home at a pound near her.....

I was just speechless...can you imagine what that pup will look like as an adult?

I'm thinking, grey and white curly wirey hair/with patches of long flowing maltese hair, with a beard....and a very high pitched Yip.  And bulging eyes....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95014
[/QUOTE]

And don't forget the Peke overbite!

A good candidate for next year's ugliest dog contest! Please oh please tell me she plans to spay or neuter this dog!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Aug 29 2005, 01:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Airmid
@Aug 29 2005, 11:46 AM

I'm thinking, grey and white curly wirey hair/with patches of long flowing maltese hair, with a beard....and a very high pitched Yip.  And bulging eyes....

A good candidate for next year's ugliest dog contest! Please oh please tell me she plans to spay or neuter this dog!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95026
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by AJ+Aug 29 2005, 12:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Airmid
@Aug 29 2005, 11:46 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95026

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95028
[/B][/QUOTE]

If she breeds this one-where would she find another???

That would be the last straw-I'd have to go to her house and slap her upside the head.
Gah-I just realized I didn;t get the little puppy's (for lack of a nicer term...) name!

Any guesses?
Schmutt McScnoodle?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried calling her back...apparently I must have insulted her or something....lol.

Her daughter said she was annoyed with me, and would talk to me later...lol. Jeez-now I get blamed for her being an idiot. oh well.....

Anyhow, I can't imagine who would actually breed something like that on purpose. What kind of good traits (Except the happy maltese dance) are we talking about here?

I cannot imagine what she must have been thinking except cute puppy gotta have it....

4 breeds is a bit ridiculous. And 4 breeds that really shouldn't be mixed at all. OK-ANY 4 breeds-you go to the pound and pick one up. Each breed has it's merits, but come on.
Well they saw her coming. I do hope the puppy is healthy, and doesn't make her really sorry for her mistake.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Aug 29 2005, 07:22 PM
I tried calling her back...apparently I must have insulted her or something....lol.

Her daughter said she was annoyed with me, and would talk to me later...lol. Jeez-now I get blamed for her being an idiot. oh well.....

Anyhow, I can't imagine who would actually breed something like that on purpose. What kind of good traits (Except the happy maltese dance) are we talking about here?

I cannot imagine what she must have been thinking except cute puppy gotta have it....

4 breeds is a bit ridiculous. And 4 breeds that really shouldn't be mixed at all. OK-ANY 4 breeds-you go to the pound and pick one up. Each breed has it's merits, but come on.
Well they saw her coming. I do hope the puppy is healthy, and doesn't make her really sorry for her mistake.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95174
[/QUOTE]

I wonder how annoyed she would be with you if you had told her what you REALLY thought instead of just getting off the phone.

It does seem like an odd combination...and to think the breeder is charging 750.00! :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Aug 29 2005, 12:46 PM

[/QUOTE]

Omg and not to mention the undershot jaw........how awful, I wonder if it will have health issues later on. I wonder if she called him "Muttly"
I do feel sorry for the poor puppy, how mixed up and confused will he be, he won't know what his identity is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts