Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
That is just so heartbreaking.

I'm glad they are going to press charges... hopefully it will prevent this from happening to someone else's dog or child. I remember your speaking so fondly here on SM about her and I am just totally shocked and saddened by this.

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by AJ+Sep 19 2005, 07:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Sep 19 2005, 08:43 AM
How horrible. My beloved cat was killed by a dog in our own backyard many, many years ago. I feel so badly for your friend having to witness it. It's an awful thing to see. I still get upset when I think about my Georgie.

I always have Muzzle (mace for dogs) clipped to Lady's leash just in case. We have a pretty strict leash law here so thank heavens I have never had to use it, but I would in a heart beat if a strange dog approached us. I wouldn't even wait to see if he were friendly of not as all it takes is one shake of the neck to break it.

Some states don't allow its sale so you have to order it. I can get it here in North Carolina so if anyone has a problem, let me know.

http://www.safetyenforcement.com/macbranmuzsp.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100952
Thanks, I'll have to look into that so I can keep my baby safe.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101181
[/B][/QUOTE]

I ordered it last night!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
This subject reminds of something that happened many years ago... even large dogs can be attacked by less friendly ones. When I was first married, many years ago, we had two Irish Setters. We lived in an area where the lots were about an acre and our male was outside in our yard when the across the street neighbor's German Shepherd came over and attacked our Setter, Bulligan. Bulligan was shy and submissive and when the Shepherd attacked, Bulligan just stood there and let him continue!! It was horrible. My then-husband saw it happen and took a shovel and was able to get the Shepherd off of Bulligan. Luckily no skin was broken but poor Bully was so freaked out.

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by AJ@Sep 20 2005, 04:54 PM
All of these stories are so scary!!!!

The owners are still having a very hard time dealing with this tragedy, they miss her so much and so do I.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101538
[/QUOTE]

I can imagine how you and her owners feel. For it to have happened so suddenly and the shock of it, it makes it even harder to handle, I think. I am just so sorry that this happened and hope that time will heal the hearts of those of you who miss her so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.